MARTIN LEWIS LIVE Q&A TODAY WITH RISHI SUNAK
The Chancellor Rishi Sunak will be joining Martin for a live Q&A this afternoon to discuss the cost of living support package being announced today - you'll be able to watch it live HERE on the MoneySavingExpert website, stay tuned for more details

New Barclaycard Design.....

in Credit Cards
68 replies 6.3K views
IAMIAMIAMIAM Forumite
823 Posts
500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
✭✭✭
Nice.
Shame they don't offer Mastercard!! 
https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal


«134567

Replies

  • dr_adidas01dr_adidas01 Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    IAMIAM said:
    Nice.
    Shame they don't offer Mastercard!! 
    https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal



    Still takes you to the old design when you click the explore offer button.


    They may decide to offer a Mastercard in the future or do the odd thing that Lloyds did with there dual Amex and Mastercard cards, way back when Amex did partner cards in the UK.
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • EarthBoyEarthBoy Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    IAMIAM said:
    Nice.
    Shame they don't offer Mastercard!! 
    https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal


    Very plain and boring.
  • BIBI67BIBI67 Forumite
    13 Posts
    First Post
    Anyone attempting to replace their Barclaycard with the new design(vertical card) by saying it is damaged or lost will be not possible, as they have stated that this card will be available to new customers starting on January 12th, and existing customers will continue to receive the old card (horizontal card() until supplies run out.
  • IAMIAMIAMIAM Forumite
    823 Posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh well. What is annoying,....I have a Barclaycard Reward card having had a platinum card, using it for 0% for two years and then switching it over to rewards.

    I can now not apply for a Platinum card until I close the reward account.

    But then I need a new card for foreign travel which is even more annoying, as Barclaycard Reward is a good travel card!
  • Se1LadSe1Lad Forumite
    291 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    IAMIAM said:
    Ahh well. What is annoying,....I have a Barclaycard Reward card having had a platinum card, using it for 0% for two years and then switching it over to rewards.

    I can now not apply for a Platinum card until I close the reward account.

    But then I need a new card for foreign travel which is even more annoying, as Barclaycard Reward is a good travel card!
    I’m not sure if I understand- if you already have the Barclaycard Reward card then you already have a card for overseas spending?  
  • adamp87adamp87 Forumite
    680 Posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    EarthBoy said:
    IAMIAM said:
    Nice.
    Shame they don't offer Mastercard!! 
    https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal


    Very plain and boring.
    Meh I like it

  • IAMIAMIAMIAM Forumite
    823 Posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    CSe1Lad said:
    IAMIAM said:
    Ahh well. What is annoying,....I have a Barclaycard Reward card having had a platinum card, using it for 0% for two years and then switching it over to rewards.

    I can now not apply for a Platinum card until I close the reward account.

    But then I need a new card for foreign travel which is even more annoying, as Barclaycard Reward is a good travel card!
    I’m not sure if I understand- if you already have the Barclaycard Reward card then you already have a card for overseas spending?  
    Correct. But I want a 0% purchase card too....
  • DandytfDandytf Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very smart design, I'll continue to seek forgiveness whilst using Forward card sensibly.

    thanks op. 
    Replenished CRA Reports.
    2015 Zoe i nav -90-100 miles top charge.
    Savings continue.
  • williewonderwilliewonder Forumite
    182 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I can't wait to upgrade my Forward card to the Rewards card. Had the Forward card for 9 months now and always paid in full when balance is due. Was eligible for the full £1200 when applying so hopefully I can upgrade soon.
  • Se1LadSe1Lad Forumite
    291 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    IAMIAM said:
    CSe1Lad said:
    IAMIAM said:
    Ahh well. What is annoying,....I have a Barclaycard Reward card having had a platinum card, using it for 0% for two years and then switching it over to rewards.

    I can now not apply for a Platinum card until I close the reward account.

    But then I need a new card for foreign travel which is even more annoying, as Barclaycard Reward is a good travel card!
    I’m not sure if I understand- if you already have the Barclaycard Reward card then you already have a card for overseas spending?  
    Correct. But I want a 0% purchase card too....
    I understand now! :) only option is to apply for a 0% purchase card with another provider then, or cancel the reward card, wait 6 months and apply for the 0% card with Barclays.  With the latter you would obviously loose your overseas spending card.  It’s a shame they don’t allow multiple cards any more.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides