Time to clear the remnants of my old life

Replies

• savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    20K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Happy solstice
    Target 1) Debt free April 22 Target 2) Lose weight & get fit (started) 3) Write regularly 41426/70000 words Book 2 4) Develop passive income streams 5) Get to £3K EF (at £2.2K June 22) 6) Declutter 7) MFW starting at £201999 Nov 21 with 264 257 payments to go. Now £196,869. 8) Mortgage neutral progress (via private pension starting value c£3643 Nov 21) extra payments £312 including tax relief
  • Thank you for the solstice wishes! 😊 

Had a lovely day/evening yesterday but started to feel a bit ropey by 10pm - thought I was just tired but woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a bus 🙈 this cold just keeps coming and going 😔 very annoying as it means that no walk/yoga/excercise today - I'm exhausted just getting up the stairs!! 😲 Hopefully it will improve again in the next day or so then I can get on with my plans!! 

I was planning on doing a food inventory today but will have to leave it until the weekend - we definitely have enough food left from solstice to see dh through until Saturday and I don't feel like eating at the moment- I have salad in the fridge so will munch that if I fancy anything 😉 

I have had a long conversation with dh around 'popping to the shop' like he does regularly and he has agreed to stop doing that and we will shop on a Sunday only - if he sticks to it, our food bills will definitely reduce! 

Tomorrow I will add a bit to the debt fund - I will also have  bit more at the end of the month too so will hopefully have a good end of year total for that! 😊 

Right, time to have another snooze! 😂
    Debt neutral fund -
    Starting balance September 2022: 
    Sept 22: £ ; Oct 22: £ ; Nov 22 £ ; Dec 22: £ 

GC: Jul: £39.52/£300

• EssexHebrideanEssexHebridean Forumite
    13.8K Posts
    Forumite
    I've found a return to shopping once a week post-lockdown has really reduced our spend - although in fairness returning properly to using a list and a meal plan has probably had an impact, too! I think we need to discuss a change (increase) in budget when we sit down and have our new year financial chat too mind you - we've budgeted £175 a month for a long while now but it's starting to struggle to stretch now - so many price increases. 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016 🎉
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    2022 "Gym Neutral Fund" - £75.65/£330 (Membership taken 24/1/22)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ 2022 Gym cost per use: at 1/7/22 £11.00 per visit! (30) 🏋🏻‍♀️

🇺🇦
    20K Posts
    Forumite
    Do you need a PCR if you are feeling that ill? Concerned for you
    Target 1) Debt free April 22 Target 2) Lose weight & get fit (started) 3) Write regularly 41426/70000 words Book 2 4) Develop passive income streams 5) Get to £3K EF (at £2.2K June 22) 6) Declutter 7) MFW starting at £201999 Nov 21 with 264 257 payments to go. Now £196,869. 8) Mortgage neutral progress (via private pension starting value c£3643 Nov 21) extra payments £312 including tax relief
  • @EssexHebridean - I think most people are feeling the hit of the food price increases - my dd has told me that her grocery budget just isn't covering it at the moment 😔 thankfully I can and do help out when she needs it but it must be terrifying for those on a limited income who don't have anyone - especially with the increase in energy prices too 😔 

@savingholmes - bless you, thank you for your concern 😊 - I'm reasonably convinced that it's just this cold that I've had for weeks - it keeps coming and going but never completely shifts and when it flares up again it does so with a vengeance 🙈 

It does mean that I won't be doing yoga etc again today - hopefully I'll feel well enough tomorrow to do some!  

I've got loads of stuff to do today at work (thankfully I work from home so can stay in pj's and take breaks when it gets too much 🙌) but I'm hoping to clear as much as possible by 4.30 and start on doing the food inventory- if I can get it done before the weekend I can start on the menu plan and work out the shopping list if I need one 😉 

I'm going to sow some lettuce seeds today along with some microgreens as we use a lot of them - we grow them all year normally but I totally forgot about doing the last sowing so will have to buy them for the next couple of months until this lot are ready 🙈 

The not smoking or drinking is going well🙌 don't feel up to it anyway so that's a bonus!! 😂
    Debt neutral fund -

• £162 to the debt neutral fund!! 🙌
    Debt neutral fund -

• EssexHebrideanEssexHebridean Forumite
    13.8K Posts
    Forumite
    Woo - well done! 

That grim cold I had the other week is still lingering too - either that or I've got another less heavy duty one straight over the top of it. I've been testing so regularly though there's no way I would have missed covid symptoms so I'm comfortable that mine definitely is just a cold too. It's annoying though - not least that I've still got a bit of a cough!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016 🎉
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    2022 "Gym Neutral Fund" - £75.65/£330 (Membership taken 24/1/22)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ 2022 Gym cost per use: at 1/7/22 £11.00 per visit! (30) 🏋🏻‍♀️

🇺🇦
    20K Posts
    Forumite
    £162 is a great payment. Well done on packing in drinking and smoking. That will aid your budget a lot.
  • Hope everyone has had a good few days!!

The final £200 of the year has been paid to the debt neutral fund! 🙌 I'm pretty happy with what we've achieved over the past three months and I'll be working a bit harder over the next 12 to build the fund further 😉😊 

The next couple of days will be pretty indulgent - I'm seeing my dd & dgs today as they are off to a relative for new year tomorrow so I need to get my cuddles in!! 😍 and tomorrow I'm hoping to be going out to lunch with dh. I need to get a menu plan sorted for next week too - I'll no doubt be doing that, along with making garden plans, with a glass or two of something lovely! 🍾 

Food inventory has been done and I have a shocking amount of stuff that I really want to get through next year - if I stick to the plot, it will seriously reduce the amount we spend on groceries and the savings we make go straight to the debt neutral fund so it's a win win!! 🙌 

Friday will be busy cleaning and stripping the beds - I like to have a final clean on new years eve and make sure that all laundry has been done and I start the year in clean sheets! 😂 

I'm hoping to get a yoga session in tomorrow if I feel up to it - my healthy new lifestyle has had to be postponed due to my lurgy but I'm determined to get on track by Saturday!! Stopping smoking has been my greatest achievement towards it in the last few days, the rest of it will be relatively simple in comparison so despite the late start I'm still feeling positive 😊 

Anyway, I'd better get a move on - kettle will not boil itself!! 
    Debt neutral fund -

• joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    13.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Well done on stopping smoking - I think it is probably the most difficult thing to do!  It took me several attempts to finally stop but I'm pleased to say that I am nearly 10 years as a non-smoker!