5 months to emerge as a butterfly

edited 6 April 2020 at 9:50AM in Debt Free Diaries
856 replies 111.5K views

Replies

• BuffythedebtslayerBuffythedebtslayer Forumite
    18.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I sometimes think that is all the pent up feelings from Christmas or from any big event you aren't that thrilled by - once you don't have obligations they come up to the surface, the relief it is over. I hate that uneasy feeling tho, when you can't put your finger on "what" they showed up for specifically. 

I am also in the cleaning frame of mind. not eating clean tho ;) I do admire you for that! XX 
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    So I'm off to a good start - the Christmas tree is down and has gone to the tip, the decs are all back up in the loft and I've been and had two new tyres on the car that has needed doing for quite a while. £200 lighter, and the MOT is due in January too, but I'm feeling productive :) 

Now to crack on with the cleaning :) 
    Mortgage Total: £60,984 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2022 Gas/Electric extra £££ earned £628 Matched Betting profits £452.87
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    We still have an in law visit and far too much food to get through! (I really like my in laws, but still feels like an obligation die to Xmas) I really didn't go crazy food wise, but we hosted on Xmas day, and hubby bought far too much chocolate and then clients (very kindly) gifted loads too. 

Your walking makes me envious, I am signing up to a walking challenge to do this year. Need to do something, feel far too sluggish. 
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Drawingaline - I love my walking but this time of the year I struggle as it is so damn dark / wet all the time. I am so lucky to live where I do, I can walk to the beach within less than ten minutes. My favourite beach is a 10 minute drive and then I can walk there for miles. I also have a National Park on my doorstep so am spoiled really. If I don't get out for a walk it does affect my mood, this week I haven't done much walking and it has definitely had a negative affect. 
    Everyone says a walk doesn't do much for your fitness but it absolutely does. I now walk at 4 miles an hour, which is fairly quick, and can keep this up without slowing down - in the summer when I did 37 miles in London I kept that pace up the whole time. It is not stressful on the knees like running is. I love it :)
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    16.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Definitely second that walking is just as good as running for fitness. Pre Covid I walked to and from work every day, 3 miles each way plus another walk at lunchtime, taking me to an average of 22,000 a day. I’m working from home at the moment and trying to maintain 15,000 plus steps a day, which is far less than I’m used to. I can highly recommend Keep Fit with Rick on You Tube for indoor walking when the weather isn’t great. He does from 1,000 to 10,000 steps depending on how much time you have. Always good fun and he’s pretty easy on the eye too. 
    Christmas Savings 2022 £354.38/£600
    July NSD: 2/12
  • Sunshine_girl2Sunshine_girl2 Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Oh SA I will look him up . I have been following Lesley Sansome but will have a go with him . 
    Debt free April 26th 2021

11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Today was going to be a nice early beach walk kinda day, but I didn't wake up until 8.30 and it is once again chucking it down with rain. It might clear up later so I may re-assess then. Instead I need to do some banking bits, do some work stuff and maybe a food shop. 
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Hmm, I didn't get much done yesterday, I'm stuck in that lethargic mode. I did however manage to have a good food day - egg on toast for breakfast, cheese, crackers, chutney and grapes for lunch and then salmon, rice and cherry tomatoes for dinner. Today I'm having my nails done at lunchtime, other than that I must do the food shopping as the fridge is practically empty, I also need to pop to the bank. Other than that there is footie on tonight :)

Shower is done, coffee is drunk, bins have been put out for collection today, time to make breakfast. 
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Drawingaline - I love my walking but this time of the year I struggle as it is so damn dark / wet all the time. I am so lucky to live where I do, I can walk to the beach within less than ten minutes. My favourite beach is a 10 minute drive and then I can walk there for miles. I also have a National Park on my doorstep so am spoiled really. If I don't get out for a walk it does affect my mood, this week I haven't done much walking and it has definitely had a negative affect. 
    Everyone says a walk doesn't do much for your fitness but it absolutely does. I now walk at 4 miles an hour, which is fairly quick, and can keep this up without slowing down - in the summer when I did 37 miles in London I kept that pace up the whole time. It is not stressful on the knees like running is. I love it :)
    If you live where I think you do (where your fb team is 😜 ) then yes you are lucky. We are not far up the motorway from there, and we do have access to some stunning countryside, but as you say in this weather I want to stick to concrete for ease. 
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Yep that's where I live Drawingaline :)

So today I am on a chilled but productive mission ... I have been to the bank and paid in the cheque, been to Matalan and picked up a parcel from there, been to Sainsburys and restocked the fridge and the cupboards and then sorted out all the rubbish / recycling.

I've just had egg on toast for breakfast, am working my way nicely through my first bottle of water (I refill my water bottle three times a day to get my 2 litres), and am just having 5 minutes before I go again with the next part of my day. 

The plan now is to go top to bottom cleaning and tidying the house, making sure it is all sorted ready for the New Year, then later on I need to do a final end of year sweep of the banking and make sure that everything is set up ready for the year ahead.