5 months to emerge as a butterfly

edited 6 April 2020 at 9:50AM in Debt Free Diaries
833 replies 107.6K views

Replies

• benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another week is going along too quickly ... tonight I have decided enough is enough and I need to get back on the walking / eating properly wagon again or it will be Christmas and another few pounds would have crept on. So, its 30 days until the end of term, so its time for another 30 day challenge. I am going to do the same as I did last summer (2020) ... 30 days of no sugar, sweeteners, caffeine or alcohol. 

The rules are as follows:

• No sugar, sweetener, caffeine or alcohol
    • 20,000 steps a day
    • No biting my nails
    • 5 x 1 minute planks a day
    I can eat natural sugar in fruit, drinks will be water, tea or protein shakes (although I need to check the ingredients on that first). 
    I have taken my before pics, I am currently charging the fitbit and am about to plan tomorrows eating. I know I can do this as I did it before, it was tough but do-able for 30 days. Then I can have some treats at Christmas. The 30th day is the day we break up for Christmas so that will mean I can celebrate in style!

I will try to keep reporting in here with updates.

In money news I am having a pretty decent month so far, I won £20 on a slot game last night, I haven't spent too much so far either so it's looking quite healthy, might be able to treat myself to a manicure or a haircut as a treat nearer the end of the challenge too!

Mortgage Total: £61,666 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2022 Gas/Electric extra £££ earned £409.50 Matched Betting profits £485.20
  • Four_SeasonsFour_Seasons Forumite
    524 Posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Good luck I will be cheering you on x
    11.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks FourSeasons :)

So day one is done ... I've hit all my targets and still have the evening ahead to chill. I did a nice early walk along the beach for 20 minutes before work, tried to walk more than normal at work and then have walked around the house when I got home to hit the target. Off now for a bath then a mooch on the laptop. 

Spends today = £1.79 on milk.
  • No caffeine for 30 days! 😱 
    LBM: August 2006 - £12,568.49 ——  DFD: 12 March 2012
    MFD: 30 March 2019
     »The road to DF is long and bumpy » Greensaints 
    11.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy weekend! Day 3 of the challenge and this morning I have been down the beach and done a 10 mile walk. Then I've filled up with petrol, emptied the dishwasher, made the beds and had egg on toast for breakfast. Tome now for a cup of tea with the laptop for a bit :)

The house is fairly tidy, just needs a whizz through with the duster and the hoover later. Ds has gone to work for the day so its just me and the dog. 

Yesterday I took advantage of a black friday offer - I've been thinking about subscribing to one of the main matched betting sites as I need to focus on it again. I almost signed up last week but saw a post from someone saying wait and see if they do a black friday offer. Anyway, yesterday they did an early offer and instead of £24.99 a month they had a limited time offer of £10 a month! I signed up and am very happy I waited, now to go and take advantage of some offers :)
    11.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another early morning walk today has meant I've already done 19,000 of todays 20,000 steps :) I've also done 2 lots fo the planks so am feeling good. I've already noticed I'm sleeping better and its only day 4 :)
    I did stop and buy a banana and a small orange juice this morning, so £1.30 spent so far today.
    My team are playing at 12 today so I want to get a few jobs done before that then settle down for another afternoon of footie and the laptop.

11.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The footie didn't go well, however I have made £48 in matched bets today so am well on my way to covering the £120 annual subscription :)
    Other than that I have done everything in the challenge again today, 4 days done :)
    11.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all,  another week has disappeared! Today is a staying indoors kinda day, the weather is miserable, so I'm doing my steps in here instead. I've just been looking at my betting and already I've made £80 of the £120 annual subscription, hopefully I can bump that up a bit more this weekend. 

I took ds for his first covid vaccine this morning, glad that is ticked off the list. A few housework bits to do today, otherwise quite a chilled one with the footie and I will have a look at the end of month banking stuff later on too.
  • BlackcatsBlackcats Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Horrid weather today, good day to stay home.  Glad DS has had his first vaccine.

11.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another indoor day today; I walked over to Sainsburys this morning and got a few bits, now home in the warm with no plans to go back out there.
    I've done about 14 of my steps so far today so am having some footie time now with the laptop. Ds is working til 5 so we will have a roast dinner when he gets home. I'm going to have a look at the end of month banking stuff too, I think its all quite helathy this month though.
    I have sorted sky, I have carried on with the sports but hadn't realised my broadband deal runs out today so will do a comparison later on that as the only deal sky could do me was £2 more than I'm currently paying ...