MARTIN LEWIS Q&A WITH RISHI SUNAK
Chancellor Rishi Sunak joined Martin for a video Q&A to discuss the cost of living support package that was recently announced - you can watch it HERE

Helping Mum with Dad's will - possible probate? plus where is it all recorded?

2»

Replies

• SuffolksueSuffolksue Forumite
    993 Posts
    500 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Good Luck with NS&I and the premium bonds !
    they have been so unhelpful and insisted on probate for my husband ,even though we too have mirror wills .It took over 8 weeks for them to tell me the amount he had (knew roughly but he had bought odd ones in th days when you could )
    told me some of their bereavement service had been outsourced to India and they were in lockdown  ,refused to tell me if his was in India or England 
    my formal complaint was rejected as ‘not in their control ‘ (they’d said it would be ) 
    When I finally got the figure and stared to apply for probate ,I rang the Probate Office for help 
    They were kind ,considerate and v helpful ,said I didn’t need probate ,I explained about NS&I ,
    they sighed ,said it depends who in NS&I you talk to first as to whether you are told to get it and I had been unlucky !

Good Luck 
  • PennylanePennylane Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good Luck with NS&I and the premium bonds !
    they have been so unhelpful and insisted on probate for my husband ,even though we too have mirror wills .It took over 8 weeks for them to tell me the amount he had (knew roughly but he had bought odd ones in th days when you could )
    told me some of their bereavement service had been outsourced to India and they were in lockdown  ,refused to tell me if his was in India or England 
    my formal complaint was rejected as ‘not in their control ‘ (they’d said it would be ) 
    When I finally got the figure and stared to apply for probate ,I rang the Probate Office for help 
    They were kind ,considerate and v helpful ,said I didn’t need probate ,I explained about NS&I ,
    they sighed ,said it depends who in NS&I you talk to first as to whether you are told to get it and I had been unlucky !

Good Luck 
    I had to laugh at the Probate Office sighing at NS&I!!   the Probate Office themselves have been worse than useless with me. Not answering emails, not answering a Signed For Letter from 2 months ago and giving me conflicting advice before all this.  I could do a lot of sighing over the Probate Office. 
  • SuffolksueSuffolksue Forumite
    993 Posts
    500 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    oh dear !
    Really think it depends who you speak to wherever!