What are you making for dinner?

edited 3 May 2020 at 12:05AM in Old Style MoneySaving
11.5K replies 690.9K views

Replies

• EriSteadyGoEriSteadyGo Forumite
    19 Posts
    10 Posts
    Forumite
    We’re having garlicky chicken hearts with mini roasties and veg. 
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Beef and broccoli here tonight 
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
    5.8K Posts
    Forumite
    Thick butchers cut gammon steaks with munchkin (pumpkin) fries and eggs 

£300/£130
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Last night OH did the chicken with figs recipe that I posted. Apparently it was from the Guardian and apparently it was a trial run for when we have friends coming to dinner early in Nov.   Friend is an ex chef so something special for dinner is essential.   Served simply with chunks of baguette.  (the chicken, not the friend)

Tonight it's weisswurst.  OH want kartofolpuffen (sp?) from Lidl which supposedly are in the freezer (I have my doubts) but I'm going out later so will pick up some coleslaw and maybe some of that extra dark rye bread (hopefully sonnenblumenbrot)

"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    I was out out out last night at a big black tie event in the Big Smoke - wow, my senses were slightly assaulted not only because it was a big event in general but even more so after the past 18mths. Food was surprisingly good given they have ~600 people to serve. 

Back home now and dinner will be something simpler tonight - prob some reheated noodles from the other night and I might see if there's something suitable in the freezer to have them with. 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• BrieBrie Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Forumite
    OH has a lamb neck fillet marinating in olive oil, garlic and thyme.  I don't care what it gets served with as long as I get at least half!  STARVING!!!  It smells so lovely but I know it won't be served for at least another hour.....
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Forumite
    Decided I should go and tidy the kitchen to ensure the stollen bites have been put away correctly.  
  • MandM90MandM90 Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Last night was brown rice jambalaya with butter beans.

Tonight was deep fried rubbish - chips, veggie sausages, beans and mushy peas. But enjoyed by all and not a takeaway!
  • C_JC_J Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Last night I made a puff pastry tart topped with cream cheese, red onion and the last of the tomatoes from the greenhouse. There’s enough left over to have for lunch today.  Tonight I’m using up some odd and ends of red pepper, spinach, cheese and rice to stuff some huge flat mushrooms and roast them in garlicky oil. Will be served with a nice cold glass of wine around Strictly o’clock.
    5.8K Posts
    Forumite
    Had a very disappointing Chinese last night, we went back to one we used order from regularly, but standards have slipped, and not improved and I’m not spending money on poor food 😡 back to the one we know is good.

tonight is either a hunters chicken type thing or rump steak 🤷‍♀️ With asparagus 

£300/£130