2021 - No Craft Spending - I WILL bust my stash and make pretty things!!!!

edited 1 January at 11:38AM in Crafting
235 replies 9.8K views

Replies

• WraithladyWraithlady Forumite
    504 Posts
    500 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Need to crack on with my Regency dress - the pattern is not exactly intuitive for the bodice. Might have to hack it to make it work

2021 Fashion on the Ration - 42/66 coupons used
    Crafting from stash only - 10/12 items finished
  • greentigergreentiger Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Life is getting in the way of crafting!
    I've done some mending (booooooooooring1) and finished the crochet Autumn Garland for my DiL's nursery.   That's it.
    I've made no more progress on my Bibliocat quilt. :(
    Also in my queue -
    I've started knitting some socks; I used to really enjoy that and I have plenty of sock wool to use.
    I'll be making birthday cards for my grandson and my daughter.
    I've measured son's dog for a coat to use up the tartan waterproof fabric left over from the crazy patchwork picnic mat.   I'll need to buy fleece to line it and bias binding.
    I have measured seats at the football stadium so that I can make covers to use when the seats are wet - had to buy waterproof ripstop nylon for this, sorry, but by the time I get round to them, I'll have had the fabric so long, it will count as stash!
    I have ordered (sorry) some sugar skulls fabric to make face masks in time for Hallowe'en.
    Fabric 166
    Woolwork 29
    Card Making 120
    Film Challenge 50/50 + 3/31 Christmas films
    Reading 45/40
    504 Posts
    ✭✭
    Finally, finished the dress - deciding to hand-hem about 3 metres of uncooperative satin probably not the best idea I've ever had.

But, tis done (even if t'were not done quickly - for all you Shakespeare buffs out there) and I can now get on with something else.

504 Posts
    ✭✭
    Decided, an hour before we were set to leave, to make a pearl and (fake) garnet necklace to go with the dress.

It took me most of the hour. But looks pretty good and complemented the dress perfectly
  • nimbonimbo Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh. That’s super busy. Xx

i’ve carried on with the quilt. 

I have also decluttered 8 bags for the craft room. Packed 9 boxes. Whipped up one belly band for the show box I’m storing the quilt in and bottled and set off more slow gin. 

I’m up to 155 / 250. 

I am aiming to pack one box a day currently as need to get some pictures of the house for the estate agents. 🙄

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
    2.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope everyone is well.   
    Good luck with the packing, Nimbo.   
    Wraithlady, you are so creative.   I'd love to see the dress and necklace.

I've not done any big things but I'm getting into the groove. little by little.   

I've finished
    • sewing 2 seat covers for our stadium seats which can be wet or snow covered, so we can just fit these over the seats and our bums with stay dry.   I used waterproof ripstop nylon (that I've had for a while now *cough*) so they are lightweight and fold into teeny tiny parcels.   They are not perfect but they will do the job.   I have 4 more to make so there will be some improvements for them, but I'll need to buy more fabric for them.   
    • making 2 retirement cards, 3 October birthday cards and 3 Hallowe'en cards.

On the go
    • sewing sugar skull face masks in time for Hallowe'en (season) use
    • sewing Bibliocat quilt (beginning to wish I'd never started; it makes me make such a mess while I'm working, lol
    • knitting socks for me
    • November birthday card (granddaughter) & Christmas cards

Fabric 166
    Woolwork 29
    Card Making 120
    Reading 45/40
    504 Posts
    ✭✭
    I only have this one atm - doesn't show the necklace (I'm in the red dress)
  • vulpixvulpix Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, How are you lot?

Real life has been getting in my way. Moved house and all the graft that that entails. I have recently started doing some crafting again. 4 blankets finished for the maternity hospital in Africa. The project is finished now and they are being collected on Friday. I have found all my UFO's and put them in a basket at the side of my chair. Trouble is the lighting in the sitting room is dreadful. No plug sockets and overhead light just flickers all the time. I have bought some material to hand sew a quilt, possibly for DIL's Birthday in January.

Forgotten my total

Vx
     :
  • bit_by_bitbit_by_bit Forumite
    734 Posts
    500 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Just popped by as I am anticipating getting back to crafting after years of procrastination and I have a room full of crafting 'stock'.

@greentiger: I hope you don't mind but I am nicking your idea for seat covers. I have a friend who has season tickets to footy who would love these. Thankyou.
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Officially retired at 55 24th March 2021 [/b][/b].Mortgage free April 2021
    Challenges 2021: Banish the Clutter 2021 134/100 bags plus 24 large items. Make £2021 in 2021#12 £2081.51 /£2021 MFW #87 2021:Achieved. £17500/£17500 9 🏅 🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅 from MrsSD and 9 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    2.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    wraithlady, your dress is stunning - and you look fantastic!   I hate working with shiny fabrics - but I still do it, lol.

vulpix, you are a wonder; lighting is so important.   I have been working on a tapestry for a few years now, because it needs "just the right kind of daylight" for me, and that usually occurs when I need/want to do something else, lol!

bit-by-bit, I'm glad the idea of making seat covers is of use to you; I'm sure your friend will appreciate it.

6 sugar skulls masks made, rather a poor effort.
    Fabric 166
    Woolwork 29
    Card Making 120
    Reading 45/40