My journey to a debt free life

in Debt Free Diaries
6.1K replies 319.5K views

Replies

• OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Work wasn't too bad yesterday apart from an emergency with a very sick child which caused a big flurry of activity for a couple of hours. I really struggled with my leg though and nearly asked to leave after a couple of hours. I came home had a shower and was in bed but 9.15, I just didn't know what to do with myself 😟

I had to get up early today to go to my mums for a haircut. I decided to take B with me so I didn't have to walk her first, I walked her down to the river and got the bus by the station so she did get a walk. We then walked back into town to get the bus home, she was very excited to go somewhere different 😀I'm trying to take her with me whenever I can otherwise she spends too much time on her own.

I came home and got some washing done plus hoovered everywhere. Tomorrow I've got to go into town for some bits of shopping ,it's mainly things for lunch and veg to go with things in the freezer. I also noticed there were a lot of leaves on the patio today so might sweep them up tomorrow if I get time and the leg is ok. 

My leg hasn't been as bad as it was yesterday but it started to throb when I walked into town. I have rested it quite a bit today so that has helped a bit. I got a test from my surgery to say they have made me a phone appointment with the physio on the 28th of September so I'm thinking of just sticking with my work physios who will see me in person. I want it looked at and assessed and I don't think a phone appointment is good enough to assess it properly 
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £4,316 Now Owed = £13,301.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £800
    House Fund = £700
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    14.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t have a lot of faith in physios after my experience with them with the broken ankle and leg. The leg was over the phone due to Covid 😬

I can recommend another podcast Older and Wider - it’s absolutely hilarious 🤣 Nothing to do with dieting just really funny 😆 Laughed out loud listening to it yesterday on my morning walk.
    Christmas Savings 2021 £608.95/£600
    Emergency Fund £5650/£10,000
    November NSD: 10/12
  • milannmilann Forumite
    7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tinned Brussels Sprouts 🤢🤢🤢 they’re were several singing their praises……I couldn’t take them seriously 😂😂
    I had an initial phone consultation with my physio and then had the option of seeing him in person, video or telephone. I chose to go in person, once my 6 sessions finished they recommended a physio led exercise class and the option of the PaRIS scheme - reduced rate at local council run gyms and some free classes but I’d done this previously and they only worked out a little bit cheaper than the lovely gym I’m already a member of…..mmmm….just need to actually go to the gym or swimming 😏
  • badmemorybadmemory Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    milann said:
    Tinned Brussels Sprouts 🤢🤢🤢 they’re were several singing their praises…
    Yuck brussels sprouts are bad enough - but tinned ones!!!

• Seasidegal58Seasidegal58 Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't even aware you could buy tinned Brussels!  I love Brussels sprouts but don't think I would like them tinned.  That's a bit like carrots for me - I love the fresh variety but not the tinned!
    I hope you get your leg sorted out - I think you're right and you should go with the works physio - at least your leg will get looked at straightaway. 
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • milannmilann Forumite
    7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope all is well OBL 👍
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    milann said:
    Hope all is well OBL 👍
    Im ok thanks just been really busy and a little bit ill so been sleeping a lot xx
    House Fund = £700
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just popping in before I go off to bed to say hi and I hope everyone is ok. I've been busy, work is mad and I'm not feeling great so in between shifts I've been sleeping a lot. I haven't done much at all over the last week but hopefully will be able to slow down at some point 

I'm working a 12 hour shift tomorrow so will most likely go straight to bed when I get home, last Sunday I left work at 8pm but didn't get home until 9.20 pm due to the bus not turning up, our bus company is seriously short of drivers so the service is a bit hit and miss. The taxi company I use let me down big style this week causing me to miss a hospital appointment so I'm not using them anymore. I walked to work last Sunday and will be doing the same tomorrow, my leg won't like it but it's the only way I can make sure I get there on time 🤷‍♀️ Can't wait for my next holiday in October.

Im now cheating at SW by doing calorie counting instead of following the diet ( Secret Slimpods fault ) so I lost 1.5lbs this week which means I've now lost 8lbs 🎉🎉🎉  I decided to try the CC method because I think my portion control isn't very good, pasta is a free food on SW and I can eat an awful lot of pasta in one go so I think this will help me stay in control. I want to keep going to my group though because I need the accountability of being weighed by someone 

Hopefully I will be back soon for another update xx

House Fund = £700
  • CherryfudgeCherryfudge Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope things ease at your work OBL. There are certainly some nasty respiratory things going round in my area: I can imagine it’s severe in young children.

Well done on the weight loss ☺️.
    Fashion on the Ration challenge: 39.5 coupons c/f from 2020 + 66 coupons this year. 46 remaining as of 21st November.
    Toiletries used up 5/176.
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    14.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done on the weight loss 👏 WW started a plan very similar to SW where pasta, potatoes, rice, etc were free. I stuck to my old plan where you have to weigh it. It would be so easy to have too much otherwise. When you think about it, it’s calories that count, as long as you’re eating less than you need you’ll lose weight.

I hope work eases up a bit for you.
    Christmas Savings 2021 £608.95/£600
    Emergency Fund £5650/£10,000
    November NSD: 10/12