edited 9 August at 9:38AM in Compers Chat Corner
105 replies 3K views

Replies

• marialionzamarialionza Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello folks,

I'm sorry I haven't posted an update in a while. I don't have much to say yet - only that the issues you've helpfully outlined in this thread have been sent on to our external developers, and we're waiting to hear what can be changed.

I've tested out all the issues you've mentioned and taken screenshots for the developers to show them exactly what we mean.

Thanks for detailing everything here. Please keep adding anything you spot and I will read your posts and try out what you mention.

I'll also be in touch when I hear back from the developers.

Best wishes,

MSE Laura F

For the life of me I cannot remember if clicking and unclicking of the cross and tick was mentioned. I know it was said, I apologize in advance if I'm mistaken, that unclicking was not feasible for a matter of security. But that was was with the new, now old form that was brought about and created the exodus of some of the most active posters/compers. If it wasn't mentioned, I find it that it would be a good idea to bring it back. Thanks in advance.
    Thanks to those who help us to win !
    <3
  • remote_controlremote_control Forumite
    581 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Yes I am missing it too! I come back every now and then and try and use the comps board and remember and quickly remember why I stopped using it
  • DidoowDidoow Forumite
    380 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Something I preferred the old way (and by that I mean before the latest changes) is when you use the search facility now, you only get the options of previous or next page, I preferred being able to select a page or at least a one click to take me to the end/start
  • edited 18 September at 8:13PM
    binaobinao Forumite
    297 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 18 September at 8:13PM
    When I click to go back to the search results, after reading an earlier result., the search results  have been lost and I have to retype them.

"A new tab" has been suggested on this  thread, is this from the drop down menu. If yes how is the new tab used?

The new search is driving me round the twist. 

Has anyone written a "how to use it".

• grannybikergrannybiker Forumite
    12.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.
    While this convoluted mehod throws up more relevant posts than other, it's still not good enough, let alone user friendly.
    Still not reliable for me to risk posting.
    Keep at it MSE
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • edited 2 October at 3:48PM
    binaobinao Forumite
    297 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 2 October at 3:48PM
    If you try Search now, it works much better. MSE listened and changed it.

Check out MSE James' posts.

As a relative newbie I'm not sure about the risky posting / searching connection in your post  @grannybiker
  • pate-ci0pate-ci0 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    "As a relative newbie I'm not sure about the risky posting / searching connection in your post  @grannybiker"

I think @grannybiker is referring to the risk of posting a duplicate competition thus perhaps invalidating multiple entries.
  • edited 2 October at 7:19PM
    grannybikergrannybiker Forumite
    12.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 October at 7:19PM
    pate-ci0 said:
    "As a relative newbie I'm not sure about the risky posting / searching connection in your post  @grannybiker"

I think @grannybiker is referring to the risk of posting a duplicate competition thus perhaps invalidating multiple entries.
    Exactly this. I used to post a lot of competitions over the years, but more recently I've added far less for a number of reasons.  The hassle of typing out a post, searching for answers etc may not seem an arduous task - until you realise how many you've done.  Them turning out to be dupes is incredibly disheartening, especially if you've made an effort to do  it "Right."
    If you try Search now, it works much better. MSE listened and changed it.

As a relative newbie I'm not sure about the risky posting / searching connection in your post  @grannybiker
    Thank-you. I shall investigate further
  • grannybikergrannybiker Forumite
    12.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    binao said:

I would if I could find them. Search playing up, LOL!