Refund Vortex with Virgin Atlantic and Travel2Be/TravelGineo

edited 13 August at 9:35AM in Flight Delay Compensation
3 replies 21 views
Jools101_2Jools101_2 Forumite
18 Posts
Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
edited 13 August at 9:35AM in Flight Delay Compensation
Hey Everyone,

I'm posting to see if anyone has thought of actions that I'm not taking to resolve this issue.

1. We booked a flight through Travel2Be back in December 2019. Obviously, Corona hit and the flight got cancelled.

2. We then requested a refund, but Travel2be were impossible to contact during that time and Virgin would only offer flight credit. So we took the credit and rebook for August 2020 having paid just over £200 extra for a different flight. The total is now just shy of £750.

3. The flight once again got cancelled and we've been held in credit since on an open ticket. We've now realised that flying any time in the near future is not possible as we are starting a family and want to claim our money back.

4. Virgin's refund team say that I must claim from the agent (even though some of what is owed I paid directly to virgin). The agent says that unless the airline cancels then they can't refund me. The ticket shows as active because it's held as an open ticket from Virgin's end. 

Each firm passes me back and forth. 

What would you do to move this to resolution? I'm thinking of requesting a section 75 on my credit card, but it's two separate payments almost 6 months apart. 

Replies