What are you making for dinner?

edited 2 May 2020 at 11:05PM in Old Style MoneySaving
10K replies 614.1K views

Replies

• kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about the gathering tomorrow @Brie , hope there's lots of happy memories to share though.

Had a bit of a freezer dive tonight and heated up some LO roast potatoes from when we were getting lockdown roasts from the pub, also a bit of bread sauce from who knows when 🙈 which was had with some veg rescued from Olio and some roast chicken with was RTC and bought mainly for the cat...she eyeballed me as I had a few slices...prob plotting her revenge as I type. 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• rachsecretrachsecret Forumite
    364 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Last night I had lamb shawarma in a wrap with salad.

Tonight I had cajun chicken and roast veg.

For pudding I made some keto chocolate ice cream which was beautiful! I have a little used ice cream maker as the barrel that needs to be frozen for 12 hours is huge and you have to lift a drawer out of the freezer to fit it in so as I had defrosted the freezer and wound down the contents I bit the bullet and made some and froze it. Can't see it lasting long though!
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fridge clear meal, using up LO hot smoked salmon, a manky red pepper, a leek and some on their last legs asparagus 

crustless quiche and salad a few chips for DH 
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • ElHarElHar Forumite
    8 Posts
    First Post
    in general I cook musli
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    @goldfinches that looks delicious 😋 

We normally get a takeaway on a Friday, but we are actually going out out with friends tomorrow night, so I’ll make steak and halloumi fries tonight 🤩
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    kerri_gt said:
    Sorry to hear about the gathering tomorrow @Brie , hope there's lots of happy memories to share though.
    Thanks - it was a good get together.  Since it was a work colleague and we've had a number of others who have moved out of our department and out of the company it turned into a bit of a reunion which made it rather jolly.  That is what we had all hoped for and colleague's mom really appreciated talking to all of us.  Too much hugging was going on of course for these strange times but it was also out doors so hopefully we're all ok. 

And it was good and bad from a food point of view....loads of sandwiches - which I managed to avoid due to trying to no carb, some excellent chicken wings which were as always very difficult to eat, some skinny fries which I couldn't resist and some halloumi fries which I'd never had before but will be having again soon I hope.  I'm hoping they can be considered as good for me...

Tonight OH has a fish pie and I've got a aubergine mozzarella bake courtesy of Sainsbugs.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brie glad the memorial day went well, and you got to have a bit of a reunion. 
    I'm sure so long as no one was coughing into each others faces it will be fine.

Pasta last night and fish in the bag with rice tonight. 

Having some work done on the house and everything is all over the place atm.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• goldfinchesgoldfinches Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Am up really late due to having started the day late; had a piece of strawberry tart with artichoke heart salad on side followed by coffee.

Air
    , n. A nutritious substance supplied by a bountiful Providence for the fattening of the poor. 

from The Devil's Dictionary
    by Ambrose Bierce