Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
4.3K replies 806.4K views
1414415417419420432

Replies

  • JonnyCWTJonnyCWT Forumite
    4 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Seems like the link is gone. 
  • Tope_Con_HiloTope_Con_Hilo Forumite
    5 Posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    I have just had an email from Sky informing me of various price increases on my package which are due to be implemented in September. Am I right in saying as they are amending my contract, I am entitled to cancel my contract? If so, can I cancel from the date of notification, or from the date that the price changes come into effect?
  • Russ12189Russ12189 Forumite
    4 Posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    My sky including broadband, sports, cinema, Netflix ultra and single multiroom was shooting up to 130 plus but I cancelled and week later they offered me total 77 without multiroom (which I did not use) 18m contract. I should have asked for lower but after cancelling was getting nervous. Sounds like I could have got them a little lower, like multiroom thrown in? But happy it’s not north of 130 quid. 
  • mits999mits999 Forumite
    81 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Russ12189 said:
    My sky including broadband, sports, cinema, Netflix ultra and single multiroom was shooting up to 130 plus but I cancelled and week later they offered me total 77 without multiroom (which I did not use) 18m contract. I should have asked for lower but after cancelling was getting nervous. Sounds like I could have got them a little lower, like multiroom thrown in? But happy it’s not north of 130 quid. 
    That’s still expensive you should be aiming for £45 to £50
  • mits999mits999 Forumite
    81 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I have just had an email from Sky informing me of various price increases on my package which are due to be implemented in September. Am I right in saying as they are amending my contract, I am entitled to cancel my contract? If so, can I cancel from the date of notification, or from the date that the price changes come into effect?
    Yes you can cancel 
  • Joe9090Joe9090 Forumite
    162 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    mits999 said:
    Russ12189 said:
    My sky including broadband, sports, cinema, Netflix ultra and single multiroom was shooting up to 130 plus but I cancelled and week later they offered me total 77 without multiroom (which I did not use) 18m contract. I should have asked for lower but after cancelling was getting nervous. Sounds like I could have got them a little lower, like multiroom thrown in? But happy it’s not north of 130 quid. 
    That’s still expensive you should be aiming for £45 to £50
    Are you sure? The best I can see is Signature £16,Netflix £5,Sports £16,Cinema £8 & Broadband £18. That's £63. Where can you better it?

  • stulaunchstulaunch Forumite
    519 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Day before disconnection got
    Signature, Sports, HD & UHD & 1 multiscreen for £42
    Wanted £40 but I'm happy enough
    Went though chat, told £45 was all they could do, so refused that. Just about to leave and said he'd talk to supervisor and got extra £3 off and UHD free
  • LouiseAHLouiseAH Forumite
    34 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    My contract has just finished with Sky. They have added £20.00 on my bill in last 3 months. In April they increased the price and then when my contract finished in June. I just spoke to the Value department and said I would sign a new deal if they could give me the same deal as before otherwise I am cancelling and joining BT. They said they couldnt give me the same deal so I cancelled. I know before they used to send you a better offer if you cancelled. Is this still the case?? 
  • Bakey72Bakey72 Forumite
    16 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    LouiseAH said:
    My contract has just finished with Sky. They have added £20.00 on my bill in last 3 months. In April they increased the price and then when my contract finished in June. I just spoke to the Value department and said I would sign a new deal if they could give me the same deal as before otherwise I am cancelling and joining BT. They said they couldnt give me the same deal so I cancelled. I know before they used to send you a better offer if you cancelled. Is this still the case?? 
    Yes, I’ve had to put a cancellation in once when not offered much and they phoned me. Sometimes it will show on your online account so check there. Don’t worry if you don’t hear from them for a while as it’s 31 days before they switch your Sky off, also the closer to your cancellation date you get then usually the better the deal you’re offered.

  • mits999mits999 Forumite
    81 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    LouiseAH said:
    My contract has just finished with Sky. They have added £20.00 on my bill in last 3 months. In April they increased the price and then when my contract finished in June. I just spoke to the Value department and said I would sign a new deal if they could give me the same deal as before otherwise I am cancelling and joining BT. They said they couldnt give me the same deal so I cancelled. I know before they used to send you a better offer if you cancelled. Is this still the case?? 
    Wait for call back or go onto sky.com/mydeal there should be offer waiting for you 
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals