Package holiday refund - covid

Replies

• eskbankereskbanker Forumite
    19.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eskbanker said:
    CKhalvashi said:
    You would need to send it to Benz Travel Ltd at their registered office address, which I'm not allowed to post here under the forum rules..
    Which forum rule prevents posting non-personal public domain information such as this?
    I believe it's any identifying information of any person or company. Will check now.

Edit: Section 1, part 2. "Do not post or request personal details."

I am going to take a hard stance on this and assume it refers to companies too.

In any case, this information is easily available online via official channels and will offer more peace of mind to the OP finding it there.
    The registered office address of a company is clearly not 'personal details'!  Your prerogative to choose not to post that obviously but inaccurate to assert that you're prevented from doing so....
  • petekelpetekel Forumite
    8 Posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    Anybody know how to resolve this - surely Benz travel cannot just legally ignore their legal responsibilities
  • WestinWestin Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    petekel said:
    Foreign office stopped travel to India no visa issued - all because of covid 
    I sadly think you may have a fight on your hands and much will come down to the actual circumstances around your travel date.

You mention March 2020 and that was the month things indeed started to change for travel.  We ourselves could not fly on 18 March due to entry restrictions at our stop-over and then destination.  Two days prior we would have been fine (at least outbound).  Although U.K. toughened the stance on travel on 23rd I don’t recall an outright ban on travel, just advice not to do it. Indeed many airlines at this time still operated flights.  Do you know if your booked flight operated?

As far as visa’s are concerned, I suspect Benz will deflect this back to you as your responsibility.  If travelling to Indian would you not have gone through the visa application process weeks/month earlier?

I really think your possibly only course of action will be via a travel insurance claim.  If the flight operated I don’t see the airline or Benz refunding you.
    8 Posts
    FO stopped all travel from UK by UK nationals to India before our scheduled flight. Visa had been secured but was in effect useless due to FO embargo. 
    8 Posts
    Given how things panned out subsequently in India there was surely real risk that I and my wife would if we travelled, have succumbed to Covid
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    32.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    petekel said:
    FO stopped all travel from UK by UK nationals to India before our scheduled flight. Visa had been secured but was in effect useless due to FO embargo. 
    That's why you need to claim on your travel insurance.
  • sherambersheramber Forumite
    12.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can find the registered office for Benz Travel Ltd from Companies House  website.

As   a ltd company there company number should, be on the website but is not.

Many similar complaints on Trust Pilot, along with a couple of recent ones praising them!

• edited 15 June at 5:31PM
    WestinWestin Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 June at 5:31PM
    Petekel - Did you have travel insurance for your trip to India? It is likely that is the best route to recover your money in the circumstances described.

• Caz3121Caz3121 Forumite
    14.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sheramber said:

Many similar complaints on Trust Pilot, along with a couple of recent ones praising them!

the couple recent ones praising are "invited"....it is useful to look at the detailed overview and select "organic"....gives 100% BAD in the last 12 months
  • sherambersheramber Forumite
    12.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caz3121 said:
    sheramber said:

the couple recent ones praising are "invited"....it is useful to look at the detailed overview and select "organic"....gives 100% BAD in the last 12 months
    hence the exclamation mark.