Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
1.9K replies 268.1K views

Replies

• Awil31Awil31 Forumite
    11 Posts
    10 Posts
    Oh no thats one reason im glad we both full time employed.. and as key workers.. surely unerversal credit statemts enough as loads of people self employed in same boat as you so must be a way round it? Statement of earnings on inland revenue also could be a option? 
    We'll get in touch with the universal credit people if it gets knocked back again. I only know the more I bring home each month the less we get so it's always fluctuating. My wife deals with all our documents 😅
  • MelandpaulMelandpaul Forumite
    58 Posts
    10 Posts
    Nightmare fingers crossed its enough.. I've heard precise ask that much on alot of things.. keep me updated how they go. 
  • helzybhelzyb Forumite
    85 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    KLHughes said:
    I really don’t know what to do with this acceptance of offer letter🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Everyone is saying different, majority are saying don’t date but are saying date. Solicitors have also said the searches wont be back until end of june!!! They were put in a month ago😩 This is more stressful than when we were waiting for a mortgage offer :(
    Hi
    how are you getting on x were still stuck waiting for searches….
    feels like forever x 
  • pantheamoonpantheamoon Forumite
    35 Posts
    10 Posts
    So we are there they are instructing the valuation.  Anyone know how.long from.valuation to receiving offer and paperwork.  Really want to see if we have a hope in hells chance of getting this over the line for 30th June.
  • helzybhelzyb Forumite
    85 Posts
     said:
    So we are there they are instructing the valuation.  Anyone know how.long from.valuation to receiving offer and paperwork.  Really want to see if we have a hope in hells chance of getting this over the line for 30th June.
    we got our house valued on the Friday and got our offer via email on the Tuesday.

The offer took about 9 days to arrive by post but that included a bank holiday. I think it’s usually a week. The solicitor received the paperwork the same day.

you then sign an acceptance form and send it to mortgage company.

The solicitors then do  their bit. We are caught up with searches they haven’t even raised any enquiries yet. 

Our exchange date was supposed to be the 16th with completion on the 30th I think more likely end of July for us but ours is a new build x 

Hopefully yours will be straight forward x 
  • MelandpaulMelandpaul Forumite
    58 Posts
    10 Posts
    I'm issuing my searches before my offer its £300 I'd lose but I've only 8 weeks till house is complete also paid valuation before docs big risk but I've no time so £745 if I'm rejected plus £200 reservation I've paid.. wish me luck 🙈
  • helzybhelzyb Forumite
    85 Posts
    I'm issuing my searches before my offer its £300 I'd lose but I've only 8 weeks till house is complete also paid valuation before docs big risk but I've no time so £745 if I'm rejected plus £200 reservation I've paid.. wish me luck 🙈
    Hi I would do this now I wish I had my house is ready the 30/6/21 was supposed to exchange yesterday. I had my offer 3 weeks ago and I am no further forward. Plus the HTB is only 3 months before having to get an extension.

plus if you were rejected I could try other lenders. Good luck x
  • Awil31Awil31 Forumite
    11 Posts
    10 Posts
    We paid our valuation as well, it's more than likely refundable if you don't get a mortgage offer though. Sounds like you've got a good chance of being accepted looking at similar situations like so hopefully it won't be a worry, good luck anyway 
  • KLHughesKLHughes Forumite
    68 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    helzyb said:
    KLHughes said:
    I really don’t know what to do with this acceptance of offer letter🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Everyone is saying different, majority are saying don’t date but are saying date. Solicitors have also said the searches wont be back until end of june!!! They were put in a month ago😩 This is more stressful than when we were waiting for a mortgage offer :(
    Hi
    how are you getting on x were still stuck waiting for searches….
    feels like forever x 
    Hi
    We actually exchanged today!! ☺️ It took ages for the searches to come back but we kept chasing the solicitors and they ended up making sure we hd everything else all ready, contracts signed etc so then when the searches came back late yesterday we could exchange straight away! Deposit was paid yesterday, jesus that was so scary!! I was petrified I was gonna put the wrong details in and transfer it to the wrong person😂🙈 
    Our house won’t be completed until aug-oct but the building seems to be getting done fast so fingers crossed it won’t be long until we can move it.

Keep going everyone, its so worth it! My advice would be to just keep chasing! There were so many times lenders/solicitors/developer needed more info/paperwork, or had questions but didnt let me know so if it wasn’t for me me chasing non stop then I wouldn’t have found out!
    x
  • pantheamoonpantheamoon Forumite
    35 Posts
    10 Posts
    Congratulations!  I'm hoping for valuation offer this week and then completion no later than the 30th as it is only transfer of equity.  Fingers crossed x