UK Hols and Theatre

Please check the MSE coronavirus guides that contain all the confirmed info we have – these guides are being constantly updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

For any specific Coronavirus related queries please post on the Coronavirus Boards on the forum:
Coronavirus Support & Help * Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Travelodge Wifi

boultonsjboultonsj Forumite
2 Posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
In February I booked wifi as part of a Travelodge booking for June, and when I booked in today, found that the wifi voucher expired in April. Virgin wifi that operate the service stated that I needed to read all of the T&Cs to find this limitation. The only service limitation mentioned at booking is that the service is non-refundable. Please be aware of this if booking with Travelodge.

Replies

• coffeehoundcoffeehound Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much any other chain includes wifi.  Travel Odge are seldom the best option in any scenario
  • Grumpy_chapGrumpy_chap Forumite
    7K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never use WIFI if I can get mobile phone signal - I simply use the phone as a hotspot.
  • Barny1979Barny1979 Forumite
    7.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never use WIFI if I can get mobile phone signal - I simply use the phone as a hotspot.
    Depends if you have data limits.
    AFDs 2013-313, 2014-289, 2015-321, 2016-276, 2017-276, 2018-240, 2019-285, 2020-267, 2021-160 to end of June
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £1809/£1809, 2020 - £1833.53/£1750, 2021 - £2536.20/£1750
  • John_Howarth21John_Howarth21 Forumite
    21 Posts
    10 Posts
    You should be able to get the free Travelodge Wi-Fi which works just as well as when you pay for it. But if the Wi-Fi has expired before your stay Travelodge should be able to change this for you as it is their mistake not yours. 
  • edited 14 June at 2:03PM
    JumblebumbleJumblebumble Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 14 June at 2:03PM
    boultonsj said:
    In February I booked wifi as part of a Travelodge booking for June, and when I booked in today, found that the wifi voucher expired in April. Virgin wifi that operate the service stated that I needed to read all of the T&Cs to find this limitation. The only service limitation mentioned at booking is that the service is non-refundable. Please be aware of this if booking with Travelodge.
    A good rule of thumb with Travelodge and their ilk  that if you are booking non refundable rooms never book at the same time
    Meals
    Wifi 
    Dog
    As there is no advantage to doing so rather than when you rock up at the hotel and if you cancel the booking they will not refund any of this
    For your problem I would become  very noisy at reception if they did not play ball
    John_Howarth21
    Travelodge only give 30 minutes free WiFi per device per 24 hours

• lisyloolisyloo Forumite
    27.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much any other chain includes wifi.  Travel Odge are seldom the best option in any scenario
    Ah I remember the good old days of fiver frenzy and tennertastic !