NHS sharing data

124»

Replies

• No sorry, you appear to have misunderstood. What was the sample size. ie How many people were actually surveyed. Not what number of people they are purporting to represent.
  • UndervaluedUndervalued Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    No sorry, you appear to have misunderstood. What was the sample size. ie How many people were actually surveyed. Not what number of people they are purporting to represent.
    Far more important than the number of people surveyed is how they were selected. Any survey / opinion poll will only actually ask a tiny fraction of the population. 
  • edited 11 June at 4:08PM
    FlossFloss Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 June at 4:08PM
    RAJAR sends surveys to their sample group of 110,000 over-15 year-olds over a period of 50 weeks. 
    Rather than asking, look at the FAQ on their website: www.rajar.co.uk

• edited 13 June at 9:37AM
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 13 June at 9:37AM
    Floss said:
    RAJAR sends surveys to their sample group of 110,000 over-15 year-olds over a period of 50 weeks. 

No. You submitted the data, you explain it. You still haven't given the sample group.
    Far more important than the number of people surveyed is how they were selected. Any survey / opinion poll will only actually ask a tiny fraction of the population. 
    It is not "far more important", but yes, it is important.

• FlossFloss Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Floss said:

No. You submitted the data, you explain it. You still haven't given the sample group.

Erm... I have highlighted it above. That is the sample group for the date I quoted from the RAJAR website.
  • Incorrect, all you said is that they send surveys to a sample group, not how many are actually completed, and therefore the actual sample group. But if we in good will take your assumption at face value, it works out at 2115 listeners/week. Even less that the 5000 i quoted.
  • FlossFloss Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you look at the RAJAR website to determine how they work, and your number is only the proportion of those surveyed, not the extrapolated number of actual listeners. By the number of complaints received there are well in excess of 5,000 listeners to the BBC.
  • Your assignment of 'extrapolated' and 'actual' as meaning the same thing tells me all i need to know. Thanks.