Package holiday refund - covid

Was unable to go to India March 2020. Travel company refusing to refund = Citrus Holidays
CMA say they cannot help
filed with small claims court
the company did not respond by deadline  28/4/2021 and post is being returned saying “ gone away”

claim is over £3k and they have had my money since October 2019
Looking for advice

Replies

• MattMattMattUKMattMattMattUK Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    petekel said:
    Was unable to go to India March 2020. Travel company refusing to refund = Citrus Holidays
    CMA say they cannot help
    the company did not respond by deadline  28/4/2021 and post is being returned saying “ gone away”

Looking for advice
    Are they still actually trading? According to Companies House they are still an active company, but that does not mean much at the moment. 

Who did you attempt to have the court papers sent to as Citrus Holidays itself is just a name, the company itself is Benz Travel Ltd.
  • WestinWestin Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    petekel said:
    CMA say they cannot help

Looking for advice

Was this because of entry restrictions, flight cancellation or a disinclination to travel at was the start of the covid spread and travel issues being experienced?
    Was this a flight-only?  Were you booked on Jet Airways?
  • sherambersheramber Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    petekel said:
    CMA say they cannot help

Looking for advice
    Are they still actually trading? According to Companies House they are still an active company, but that does not mean much at the moment. 

Who did you attempt to have the court papers sent to as Citrus Holidays itself is just a name, the company itself is Benz Travel Ltd.
    They are advertising holidays on facebook on 30 May
  • petekelpetekel Forumite
    8 Posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    That was it Benz travel
    8 Posts
    Foreign office stopped travel to India no visa issued - all because of covid 
    8 Posts
    Package holiday bought 
    8 Posts
    Need to get this money ASAP 
  • CKhalvashiCKhalvashi Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    petekel said:
    CMA say they cannot help

Looking for advice

If they are not in administration or liquidation (which means they are an active company) then the first part is irrelevant.

You would need to send it to Benz Travel Ltd at their registered office address, which I'm not allowed to post here under the forum rules..
    "I kada sanjamo san, nek bude hiljadu raznih boja" (L. Stamenkovic)

Please note: All posts on Coronavirus legislation refer to England unless specified otherwise.

I can spell, my iPad can't.
  • eskbankereskbanker Forumite
    18.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CKhalvashi said:
    You would need to send it to Benz Travel Ltd at their registered office address, which I'm not allowed to post here under the forum rules..
    Which forum rule prevents posting non-personal public domain information such as this?
  • edited 11 June at 1:34AM
    CKhalvashiCKhalvashi Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 June at 1:34AM
    eskbanker said:
    CKhalvashi said:
    Which forum rule prevents posting non-personal public domain information such as this?
    I believe it's any identifying information of any person or company. Will check now.

Edit: Section 1, part 2. "Do not post or request personal details."

I am going to take a hard stance on this and assume it refers to companies too.

In any case, this information is easily available online via official channels and will offer more peace of mind to the OP finding it there.
    "I kada sanjamo san, nek bude hiljadu raznih boja" (L. Stamenkovic)

Please note: All posts on Coronavirus legislation refer to England unless specified otherwise.

I can spell, my iPad can't.