Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

USB 4 way hub

in Techie Stuff
28 replies 331 views
duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
4.7K Posts
1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
Bought one of these from Argos, it's a Dynamode and had all good reviews, it worked well for the first day then with no warning the mouse vanished.
I am wondering what I am doing wrong.
The blurb on the box says it is good for simultaneous connection of keyboards, mice and usb storage at the same time but here I am with nothing working.

Any ideas?

Replies

• blobbyrobblobbyrob Forumite
    26 Posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts
    What have you got it connected to Desktop or Laptop computer?
    26 Posts
    If Desktop make sure its connected to one of the USB connections at the back, so directly to the motherboard.
  • duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's on a desktop and yes it is connected at the back.
    I have been trying other things on it and although it charges some things such as my gps watch, it won't let me download the info on the watch, I alsi tried to download a photo from my camera but it would not connect.
    The microphone does work with it though.
    4.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
     I think I will just take it back.
    26 Posts
    I bought one from Amazon a few years ago & I could never get it to play nicely. Sometimes it would connect fine, other times not or it would randomly give connection errors. I gave up in the end & dumped it. 
  • Jenni_DJenni_D Forumite
    837 Posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I got a USB C to USB A 4-port hub in March last year via Amazon ... it has worked fine with my work laptop (Dell) - well apart from one of the USB A ports not working out-of-the-box but I didn't bother RMA-ing it as I only needed 3 ports anyway, and for £9.99 it wasn't really worth going to the bother as I needed it there and then. (I bought it at the start of lockdown when I started working from home).
  • Neil_JonesNeil_Jones Forumite
    6.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭

Bought one of these from Argos, it's a Dynamode and had all good reviews, it worked well for the first day then with no warning the mouse vanished.
    The blurb on the box says it is good for simultaneous connection of keyboards, mice and usb storage at the same time but here I am with nothing working.

Any ideas?

This is normally a power issue.  USB hubs come in two flavours - powered and unpowered.  You an use a powered hub without its power brick, so if you bought the powered one, plug it in.
    4.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭

Any ideas?

This is normally a power issue.  USB hubs come in two flavours - powered and unpowered.  You an use a powered hub without its power brick, so if you bought the powered one, plug it in.
    It is a powered one and it is plugged in.

Honestly, I have gone through all the obvious permutation that I can think of before asking on here.
  • mlutonmluton Forumite
    747 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Is it in a USB 3 Port (Blue in Colour or have SS on the port) ?
    4.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's on the back of the PC so not easy to see.