Discussion re Petition

edited 2 October 2020 at 9:44AM in Compers Chat Corner
74 replies 3.7K views

Replies

• RahvenRahven Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argh, yeah you're right. Thanks for the heads up @thingamaBob. I'll ask MSE for some clarification on what they'd like to do re reporting this kind of thing. My feeling is that it should be reported ASAP, which probably means by whomever discovers it to avoid time wasted in waiting for us to see it. But then if we (Blu and I) could be sort of CC'd so we can add it to the list that would be good. I guess it also depends what sort of response times we're likely to get from either avenue.

I'll ask and see what the crack is.
  • DidoowDidoow Forumite
    386 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I thought I was not the hitting the right page number for a while yesterday! I’d initially only searched a date - 15/04 - but it brought up a significant amount of pages and comps with issue 15 ending in April plus goodness knows whatever else so I put inverted commas around the date which narrowed it down to around 8 pages, each with the same comps. 
    I’d completely forgotten about the date sorting function as have got used to just searching. Hopefully that’ll work, if not it might be time to fly as it’s got progressively worse since the switchover. 
  • philsuphilsu Forumite
    889 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your advice @thingamaBob 

......... (I am convinced that this also misses out a few comps but haven't been able to establish which ones are going missing)

I now go through both ways each day because there are comps missing as you say but for the last couple of days things have been DREADFUL!  I searched for 16/04 yesterday and got 1000 pages! Then tried inverted commas as Didoow said and got 10 pages - each one the same
  • One-EyeOne-Eye Forumite
    59.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The new forum is now 14 months old, but search has worked properly for just 6 weeks since the beginning of March 2021. Multiple faults that had previously been solved have returned this week.

I just can't be bothered anymore.
  • philsuphilsu Forumite
    889 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    One-Eye  I know what you mean, I have stuck with MSE because I enjoyed using the site and the people who posted on it, and hoped that the Comps Board would be sorted out,
    Now it is worse than ever and lots of the regulars seemed to have left. I now spend more time trying to find comps on here than I do entering them! 

Anyone suggest a simple to use  Competition Site?         
  • RahvenRahven Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    All feelings above are totally valid and understandable.

I've emailed this to the forum team as per https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6177495/technical-issues-with-the-forum#latest

I've asked for responses to be posted here rather than via email to me.

If anyone else needs to add anything to this ticket, it's reference number #1007404

• thingamaBobthingamaBob Forumite
    21.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reported my post above via the Report button and MSE have replied saying they are aware of the issue and hope to have it resolved soon.