Forum Home» Health & Beauty MoneySaving

Local branch has closed, but I still have vouchers to use...

New Post Advanced Search

Local branch has closed, but I still have vouchers to use...

2 replies 108 views
springspeed100springspeed100 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Where do I stand? I have vouchers to spend. The salon had kindly extended them, as each time I booked a treatment, it was cancelled due to lockdown. The company have over the last lockdown decided to close my local branch immediately, but have said vouchers can be used at their other branches.  Unfortunately the closest of which is 40/50 minutes drive. My in-laws bought me these vouchers, as the salon was within walking distance! 

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    32.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You stand being able to use them at another branch, or you could potentially give/sell them to someone else.
  • edited 6 April at 2:23PM
    elsienelsien Forumite
    25.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 April at 2:23PM
    Do you drive? Make a day out of going to one of the other salons once things reopen? 
    What do the vouchers say - are they for the company as a whole or a specific branch?
    Also to add that any rights would stand with the purchaser of the vouchers, not the recipients. The vouchers have already been extended, which is a good will gesture that technically they didn't need to so, so I wouldn't expect much more than that.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.