New Post Advanced Search

eBay beauty

4 replies 162 views
MurphybearMurphybear Forumite
6K posts
Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
During the lockdown I have been looking at some high end beauty products on eBay auctions and have got some good bargains.  I have “won” a Charlotte Tilbury unused lip gloss for a third of the usual price but my favourite bargains are Louboutin nail polish.  I got 2 for £15 which may seem a lot but they are £41 each  :# online.  I have just got a gorgeous emerald green one for £5.  Obviously green nails arent everyone’s choice

The bottles they come in are stunning, I display mine as decorative pieces, even my husband said “wow” which is high praise coming from him.

I expect when the Covid restrictions are normal I’ll probably go back to buying things from TKMaxx, OPI for £3.

I don’t wear a lot of make up but am a bit of a “nail hound”

Replies

• PollycatPollycat Forumite
    31K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the lockdown I have been looking at some high end beauty products on eBay auctions and have got some good bargains.  I have “won” a Charlotte Tilbury unused lip gloss for a third of the usual price but my favourite bargains are Louboutin nail polish.  I got 2 for £15 which may seem a lot but they are £41 each  :# online.  I have just got a gorgeous emerald green one for £5.  Obviously green nails arent everyone’s choice

The bottles they come in are stunning, I display mine as decorative pieces, even my husband said “wow” which is high praise coming from him.

I expect when the Covid restrictions are normal I’ll probably go back to buying things from TKMaxx, OPI for £3.

That's not a bottle - that's a lethal weapon. ;)
  • donnac2558donnac2558 Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have bought many beauty products from eBay over the years.  Only ever received one fake knew it was straight away, got my money refunded no problem.
    I buy niche and vintage perfumes, high-end brands.
    The last thing I bought Kilian lipstick rrp £41 I got for £18.

• I_Love_compsI_Love_comps Forumite, Board Guide
    1.8K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Newshound!
    ✭✭✭
    I have bought quite a bit of make-up and beauty products, just recently from ebay.  I am very pleased with all of them . All cost less than buying them individually .
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards and Competitions Time to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]
  • goldfinchesgoldfinches Forumite
    556 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Pollycat said:

That's not a bottle - that's a lethal weapon. ;)
    You're absolutely right and my inner conspiracy theorist is already imagining reading a newspaper article about a couple who tripped and fatally injured themselves.  :o
    "Gramen artificiosum odi."
    from
    Latin for all Occasions 
    by
    Henry Beard