New Post Advanced Search

Hair serum

5 replies 191 views

Hi everyone
I have ‘thin’ hair but alot of it but rather than being frizzy it goes quite flyaway. I’ve ignored it until recently but I would really like to find a product that isn't too expensive to calm my hair down a bit. Most products are either £20 plus or if cheaper you get a tiny weeny tube which will be gone in no time, or otherwise they are for thick hair. Any recommendations would be really appreciated 😁

Replies

• edited 4 April at 5:18PM
    Spoonie_TurtleSpoonie_Turtle Forumite
    2.3K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 April at 5:18PM

Hi everyone
    I have ‘thin’ hair but alot of it but rather than being frizzy it goes quite flyaway. I’ve ignored it until recently but I would really like to find a product that isn't too expensive to calm my hair down a bit. Most products are either £20 plus or if cheaper you get a tiny weeny tube which will be gone in no time, or otherwise they are for thick hair. Any recommendations would be really appreciated 😁
    You could try just plain oil - start with whatever plant oil (probably for cooking) you have on hand, then you could look around for different ones if they don't quite do the job.  Just the tiniest drop rubbed between your hands and then over the flyaways, should be enough to weigh the flyaways down slightly without looking like you have any product. And I mean the tiniest drop; you can always add more but you can't take it off without washing if you put too much on!  If it doesn't work for you then you won't have lost anything :)  even baby oil (light mineral oil) might do, which would probably be closer to conventional serums; you really would need just the tiniest drop of that.

I have heard great things from people in the US about Chi, It's a 10 and Biosilk, but I don't know how much they cost over here.
  • Supernova11Supernova11 Forumite
    11 posts
    First Anniversary First Post
    This is great thanks, I will do some experimentation! Thanks for your answer, and yes, I will try the tiniest drop to start.
  • Indigo_and_VioletIndigo_and_Violet Forumite
    125 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    I know very little about hair products but had a similar problem (fine hair, lots of flyaways). I bought a bottle of Tresemme Colour Shineplex serum. I can't tell you how it compares to anything else, but it was reasonably cheap (maybe £6) and it makes a noticeable, positive difference to the condition and coherence of my hair. I would buy again. 
  • Supernova11Supernova11 Forumite
    11 posts
    First Anniversary First Post
    I know very little about hair products but had a similar problem (fine hair, lots of flyaways). I bought a bottle of Tresemme Colour Shineplex serum. I can't tell you how it compares to anything else, but it was reasonably cheap (maybe £6) and it makes a noticeable, positive difference to the condition and coherence of my hair. I would buy again. 
    I will definitely give this a go, people are raving about their shampoo and conditioner so will definitely have a play with their products. Thanks!
  • suejb2suejb2 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Have you considered coconut oil?
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.