Credit Card balance tranfers

in Credit Cards
4 replies 121 views
swimmer1_2swimmer1_2 Forumite
2 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
MoneySaving Newbie
Why are the credit cards companies not offering balances transfers on existing accounts anymore?

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    32.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are, but you need to be offered one.
  • DandytfDandytf Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aqua continue with 0% Balance and Money transfer offers existing Customers.
    Replenished CRA Reports.
    Mid 2018 Help2save 50 uk pounds per month
    H.L. Active -Charter Savings .50% 125 u.k. pounds.
  • cymruchriscymruchris Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are the credit cards companies not offering balances transfers on existing accounts anymore?
    Credit availability has tightened in recent months with the uncertainty that surrounds us. That's the general consensus. 

In terms of your own person circumstances - you might not have been offered one because of your credit utilisation or payment history for example (if you'd only been making minimum payments). 

You can always use the eligibility checkers to see if you might be approved for a different banks balance transfer card.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • FarfetchFarfetch Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    My barclaycard offers me 18 months at 2.9% fee every month. My Natwest one is offering transfers at 0.49% but only for the life of the initial 18 month offer. Likely your card provider just doesn't want to lend to you now. Try a new card perhaps or just ring up and ask if they can do one for you

He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery.

-Harold Wilson