edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Marriage, Relationships & Families
22 replies 8.5K views
13»

Replies

• restorm55restorm55 Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I sent a refund request on 2nd December 2020 to the email address found at www.gov.uk/power-of-attorney-refund website under the heading 'If the donor has died' (email:[email protected]) and hven't had any response as of 27 January 2021.
    However, I used the email provided in Martin's article under the heading 'If the donor has died' (email:[email protected]gsi.gov.uk) today and got an immediate auto reply to acknowledge receipt.
    Just letting people know that the email address on the governments own website doesn't appear to be working.

• Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    43.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We hadn't quite got round to doing this when we got a letter from the solicitor to say we might be due some money, and it was SO easy! Didn't have to find the paperwork, just our dates of birth and NI numbers, if I recall. 

Took a while for the money to drop into the bank account, such that it took a while to work out what it was, but hurrah! 
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!