Easyjet Prepaid Card out of service

in Credit Cards
47 replies 6.2K views
bollenbbollenb Forumite
4 Posts
Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
MoneySaving Newbie
For several days, when trying to top up my card I've been told that this is out of service. They say

"We regret to inform you of a temporary disruption in our services to you. Effective immediately, you will be unable to use your Euro Currency Card by easyJet while we work to rectify the situation. Unfortunately, this disruption is out of our control and is a result of a disruption in service from a third-party supplier. Please rest assured that your money and card details are safe and secure, and we are working to have you back up and running as quickly as possible."

They give no indication of what the problem is, when it will be back, or any workarounds.
Does anyone know any more?
Thanks

Replies

• eDickyeDicky Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well a quick guess is that their third party supplier is Wirecard, if you haven't heard of their problems you can Google.

Why would you want to use such a terrible value card anyway, and actually load more money on it..? Just use your regular bank card when traveling, it will cost less, or obtain a 'travel' credit or debit card with zero fees and ideal exchange rates.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • London7766551London7766551 Forumite
    328 Posts
    100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    It's been suggested that Easy-jet itself is in trouble so no surprise wire-card or no wire-card.
  • Gone2wellsGone2wells Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Yes same thing here. Now you can't even get onto the site that gave this info. They've got £300 of mine. If you're lucky enough to get thru on the phone they don't seem to know anything. 
  • TonicjoTonicjo Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Has anybody got any news about easyjet euro card. Everything I read is old it is Jan 2021 and I  have no new info. They have had 1100 euros for over a year and I cannot get any info from anywhere
  • firefly2920firefly2920 Forumite
    9 Posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    I also cannot get in, or now even to get the Easyjet card page to load ... hadn't checked since beginning of last year, and only have about £50 left on it, but knew my card was up for renewal .... do I now lose my money or is it already lost??
    :beer::j
  • Barrowboy1Barrowboy1 Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I have also had many problems with this inefficient company. It was good until around Dec 2019 since then I have been unable to access my account "due to maintenance" . I have now decided to withdraw my monies, about £500, but it is now 3 weeks since the request was put in and I am still waiting I keep getting told it will take 28 days but that it left my account on day of request and is now in limbo. What can be done ?
  • mozza1962mozza1962 Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I have also had issues. No access to the account since July, and I made a request to withdraw the balance (c.£400) on Jan 7th. Was told the payment would take up to 28 days, then 28 working days and now they are hiding behind technical issues with there issuing bank. Like Barrowboy1 - what can be done. You can't speak to anyone that takes responsibility or can give a believable answer. Anyone thinking of a currency card should avoid these people and this card like the plague!!!
  • PamharveyPamharvey Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I went to a local ATM and withdrew (most of) my balance in Sterling  (£200).   The first one did not pay out but the second ATM did - easy peasy !  Problem solved in the short term though a few euros remain on my Easyjet card.   I'll buy a coffee with the balance next time I'm in France.
  • jockie180jockie180 Forumite
    3 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    For more than a month now my wife and I have been trying to get a refund of the balance on our easyjet prepaid cards.
    It seems impossible with excuse after excuse. Now trying with threats of sending all correspondence to FCA.
  • StuartFrankStuartFrank Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I would like to get a refund of my balance. I have tried ATM's but my Pin no doesn't work. I have misgivings about sharing my bank details, which seems to be the only way to get my money (hopefully). Am I being overly concerned?