Forum Home» Freebies (no spend required)

Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel - Page 413

New Post Advanced Search

Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
4.3K replies 503.5K views

Replies

• need_an_answerneed_an_answer Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrsB2000 said:
    Hi ~ sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.
    I've been wanting to sign up for this for a while -
    Does this involve going into a post office to the counter or do you just post items back in the post box?  
    It s a bit of a mixture TBH...Letters and small packets can be posted into boxes but they also do slightly larger parcels and cubes which may require a PO visit.
    At the moment not all panellists are doing parcels because of covid restrictions but they are a part of the survey under normal circumstances.
    You will also get letter packets and the occasional parcel delivered to you so you need to factor that in as a receiver of items
    in S 12 T 1 F 28
    out S 16 T 6 F 24 FF 2

2017-32 2018 -33 2019 -21 2020 -5
  • CRISPIANNE3CRISPIANNE3 Forumite
    889 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭
    Not long now. Due to restart on the 8 Feb and quite excited about the changes. 
  • surfboard2surfboard2 Forumite
    2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been doing this on and off for a while.
    I must say that I was pretty shocked to open up a package with a huge royal mail sack. I thought it was some kind of weird gift at first. 
    I hope my post office at least know what to do with it.
  • cherie1122cherie1122 Forumite
    486 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I hope by the time the Pandemic is over and I'm doing parcels again that all the post office staff know what to do with these sacks.  My local post office is only open part time due to staff shortages and the queues will be dreadful for a while so I've asked that I don't get any parcels to post while things are crazy.

• edited 21 January at 7:32PM
    Rachel1640Rachel1640 Forumite
    40 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 21 January at 7:32PM
    molerat said:
    You can only use RFIDs that are "in stock".  If they are not listed as in stock you need to send them back. One of the reasons for them not being in stock is if when receiving mail using a pc you do not scroll down and click the final button which is off the page.  AEDB marked RFIDs are not real ones, they are either cardboard or dead real units and are only to be used in training items, real ones have their own individual codes.  If you have finished training and have some AEDBs left you need to send them back.
    djp64 said:
    Hi, I have received 4 RFID's now in letters and confirmed under received, are these meant to show under RFID stock because it's empty? I now have 2 letters to send back do I just use RFID's that I've previously received even if they're not listed under stock? Also I'm two weeks in now, will I receive my 1st lot of stamps next month or is there a trial period?  :)
    Can you confirm the code on the RFIDs?  Are they all AEDB or does each one have a different code?

They're all AEDB. I do it all on my mobile, yeah they're cardboard as well. I'm currently on my second week and didn't know there was a training period, I was just confused because the letters that need to be sent next week say I need to add an RFID but didn't come with them so should I add an AEDB one I received earlier? How long does the training period last? Will I get stamps at the end of the month or have to wait until I start with real RFIDs?
  • Rachel1640Rachel1640 Forumite
    40 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Thank you, yes I'm currently sending letters to West Bromwich, I didn't realise there was a training period! You're right, I just prepared the items for next week and it is defaulted at AEDB, so will just send back 2 I've received  :) It's good to know I'll get stamps for the training period!
  • edited 22 January at 5:40PM
    surfboard2surfboard2 Forumite
    2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 January at 5:40PM
    I must say that I was pretty shocked to open up a package with a huge royal mail sack. I thought it was some kind of weird gift at first. 
    UPDATE: Nothing to worry about. The lady at the counter said she'll take the paperwork. She asked how many sacks I have then signed and stamped the document. She retained it and gave me a receipt saying 'PPI Accept - 1' and told me to dump the sack with all the other sacks and packages.

• General_GrantGeneral_Grant Forumite
    3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE: Nothing to worry about. The lady at the counter said she'll take the paperwork. She asked how many sacks I have then signed and stamped the document. She retained it and gave me a receipt saying 'PPI Accept - 1' and told me to dump the sack with all the other sacks and packages.

That's interesting.
    I took sack in today and I was told to put it on a trolley.  Nobody looked at it while I was there though I know they are supposed to scan the bar code and sign the manifest. 
    I didn't get a receipt but wasn't worried as TNS told me that I didn't need one.  In the past I've always got a proof of posting when taking in cubes. 
  • MrsB2000MrsB2000 Forumite
    28 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    MrsB2000 said:
    Hi ~ sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.
    I've been wanting to sign up for this for a while -
    Does this involve going into a post office to the counter or do you just post items back in the post box?  
    It s a bit of a mixture TBH...Letters and small packets can be posted into boxes but they also do slightly larger parcels and cubes which may require a PO visit.
    At the moment not all panellists are doing parcels because of covid restrictions but they are a part of the survey under normal circumstances.
    You will also get letter packets and the occasional parcel delivered to you so you need to factor that in as a receiver of items
    Thank you