Lost my old account.

in MSE Labs
6 replies 72 views
SupertryerSupertryer Forumite
55 Posts
10 Posts First Anniversary
I have lost my old account and can’t remember log in details at all. Was opened a long time ago!

Tried to request a new password and not receiving an email so clearly must of been an old email I no longer use 🙈

I really would like to get my old account back, is there any way? 
Savings - Emergency fund £600.17/5000
Debt free January 2021! (Was savingmummy)

Replies

• 203846930203846930 Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    email the forum team directly, tell them your old username and if they care enough they may even do something for you but don't hold your breath.
  • SupertryerSupertryer Forumite
    55 Posts
    email the forum team directly, tell them your old username and if they care enough they may even do something for you but don't hold your breath.
    Thank you. I guessed as much!
    I can’t remember for the life of me what email address I used! It seems without that they can’t get me back to that account 😞 
  • VocesVoces Forumite
    8 Posts
    First Post
    I had almost the same problem recently ...

I had a couple of email addresses with organisations that no longer exist (from the days of dial-up internet lol).

My understanding from the forum team was that you need to email them from the email address that you registered with, which you clearly can't do if you can't either remember it or in my case access it .... as they say "C'est La Vie!"
    55 Posts
    Voces said:
    I had almost the same problem recently ...

I had a couple of email addresses with organisations that no longer exist (from the days of dial-up internet lol).

My understanding from the forum team was that you need to email them from the email address that you registered with, which you clearly can't do if you can't either remember it or in my case access it .... as they say "C'est La Vie!"
    Yes it appears mine too was an email that no longer exists! 
    I’ve had an email from mse saying they have emailed my email address from my old account, I’ve tried all of them (4 in total) but one email is no longer available so it has to be that one! As no messages in the others 😢
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    48.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the forum was updated to the new software I'm sure there was something about confirming email addresses prior to the switch
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[
    55 Posts
    Browntoa said:
    When the forum was updated to the new software I'm sure there was something about confirming email addresses prior to the switch
    I went awol for years, and came back just after the new forum update. 
    Seems I’d not of managed to sign back in even before that as I don’t have email details.