Landlord licence - 1 person

28 replies 1.1K views
13»

Replies

• theartfullodgertheartfullodger Forumite
    12.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overcrowding regulations apply to owner occupiers also, possible fines, sadly rarely enforced
  • anselldanselld Forumite
    7.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overcrowding regulations apply to owner occupiers also, possible fines, sadly rarely enforced
    Of course, but as you pointed out on the other forum overcrowding regs allow for all living space to be considered so will not apply to the OP even at an occupancy of two.
  • theartfullodgertheartfullodger Forumite
    12.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anselld said: Of course, but as you pointed out on the other forum overcrowding regs allow for all living space to be considered so will not apply to the OP even at an occupancy of two.

I pointed out lounge can count, and to measure it, not that it would definitely be OK.  He's replied at another place saying he's been told that can't be used as it's open plan.  Dunno if that's correct or not. 
  • ChilliBobChilliBob Forumite
    599 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies guys, still waiting for a reply to our challenge and explanation, pinged the local councillors to try and chase it up. 

Bottom line it seems is its possibly, indeed perhaps even likely to be correct, which is a bit of bummer!

Would so much prefer to sell but also a, blocked process. 

At this rate I can see it being empty for a while
  • moneysavingmachinemoneysavingmachine Forumite
    3 posts
    Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    ChilliBob said:
    Just a quick update should anyone else search forums for similar - this has been overturned to a 2 person licence, as one household. No explanation why unfortunately, so not sure, but hey, we'll take it for sure! 
    Hi ChilliBob. We are in a similar position. 😬 What was the name of the councillor that you reached out to, and what did you include in your email? And did you just liaise with the generic prpl email address when you contested it, or did you have a specific contact?
  • ChilliBobChilliBob Forumite
    599 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Hey, sorry to hear that. I'm guessing your property is also in LBBD too then? If so I'll ask my partner who she got in contact t with and I'll PM you with more details.
    Best of luck
  • moneysavingmachinemoneysavingmachine Forumite
    3 posts
    Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    ChilliBob said:
    Hey, sorry to hear that. I'm guessing your property is also in LBBD too then? If so I'll ask my partner who she got in contact t with and I'll PM you with more details.
    Best of luck
    Great thanks! Yes, property is in LBBD and thanks in advance!