County Court Business Centre

Replies

• yl91yl91 Forumite
    51 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Le_Kirk said:
    yl91 said:
    Redx said:
    She must do the AOS online today if possible , nothing else on MCOL , just acknowledge receipt of the claim pack
    She must email a SAR to PPL WW to the DPO , attaching a copy of the claim form as proof of I D under the GDPR law , to obtain all the data and documents and pictures etc , the stuff she is missing
    Then start drafting her defence by using the template defence by coupon mad from the newbies FAQ sticky thread near the top of the forum , I suggest you both read it carefully , on a laptop ,, not on a phone
    Post the paragraphs 2 & 3 on here after they have been altered to suit
    Sounds like alot she has to go through.. for all we know it might not of been us that was in possession of the car. DCB has been so vague with there approach. Theyve basically just sent us a letter asking for money..
    Can you explain this please?  Firstly that is incorrect grammar and secondly why might it not have been you that was in possession of the car?  If you sold it, the DVLA should be able to tell you what date you transferred the car to the new keeper.
    Sorry ill make myself a bit more clear. We had PXed this vehicle last year in march 2019 but the car had not been used and had been parked up on our driveway for 8 months before this. The OH was pregnant and my car was just easier to get around.

Im also wondering, how did they manage to get an address from 3 years ago when we have moved twice. 
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.3K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im also wondering, how did they manage to get an address from 3 years ago when we have moved twice. 
    Maybe you didn't update the vehicle's V5C (logbook) with DVLA?  Updating your driving licence doesn't update the V5C - it requires two separate notifications. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • edited 2 January at 1:21PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    35.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 January at 1:21PM
    Using a tracing service is how they obtained your details , not difficult if you have credit cards and debit cards , loans , pay council tax , registered to vote , on social media like faceache etc

The onus is on you by law to keep a V5C up to date with the DVLA , if you don't want a DVLA fine of up to £1000

Tracing people in a digital database internet age is incredibly easy for companies and a company like TRACE and a few debt collectors have made a business out of it , it's nothing like Eddie Shoestring

She now has a live County Court claim , not just a mere demand for money !
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    15.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need then, as advised by others, to update the V5C of any car you/your OH currently own.  It would also be advantageous to get some evidence of when the car was sold and, more importantly, when you advised the DVLA that it had been transferred to AN Other.  Do you have proof it was on the driveway and not in use, was it for example SORNED?
  • yl91yl91 Forumite
    51 Posts
    Umkomaas said:
    Maybe you didn't update the vehicle's V5C (logbook) with DVLA?  Updating your driving licence doesn't update the V5C - it requires two separate notifications. 
    Yeah I've asked her this and this may have been the issue. Weve replaced her car with something else last march 2019 and updated the v5 to our current address.
    Le_Kirk said:
    You need then, as advised by others, to update the V5C of any car you/your OH currently own.  It would also be advantageous to get some evidence of when the car was sold and, more importantly, when you advised the DVLA that it had been transferred to AN Other.  Do you have proof it was on the driveway and not in use, was it for example SORNED?
    Everything wouldve been transfered through the dealer during the purchase of the new car. I wouldnt have proof it was on the driveway and not in use. I had access to 2 other cars and didnt need to use hers at all.

So, first i will file an AoS. Next step I guess ill obtain any documentation or evidence I need. Were still not sure as to where this took place and when.
  • yl91yl91 Forumite
    51 Posts
    D_P_Dance said:
    Have you read the newbies?  Have you complained to your MP?  Have you complained to the landowner?  Have you read anything about this scam elsewhere?

You have been co-opted into a game with rules more complicated than those of Rugby Union, you have to learn them in order to take part.
    I had written to the MP in a previous matter and she wasnt very helpful. Basically just apologised because she couldnt do anything. I have not contacted the landowner as of yet though.
  • edited 3 January at 2:15PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    35.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 January at 2:15PM
    Meanwhile , she needs to get on with drafting her defence , once the AOS has been done by her , not by you , get it done by her TODAY , plus the SAR emailed by her to PPL attaching a copy of the claim form as proof of I D under the GDPR law

Although gathering evidence is important , it's not needed for months so not urgent , the AOS and defence is urgent and needs dealing with ASAP , AOS today , the defence within 2 weeks !!

If the AOS isn't completed ASAP , the claimant can ask for judgment and your OH will have a CCJ in her name

Once done , contacting the DVLA by email , plus the landowner complaint , plus the SAR etc , are next on the long list to be done by her

Bear in mind that the court claim is in her name , not yours , so what you did or didn't do is irrelevant , it's not about you , it's her name on the court documents , so as an adult it's her responsibility , her problem , her court case
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    35.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yl91 said:
    D_P_Dance said:
    Have you read the newbies?  Have you complained to your MP?  Have you complained to the landowner?  Have you read anything about this scam elsewhere?

You have been co-opted into a game with rules more complicated than those of Rugby Union, you have to learn them in order to take part.
    I had written to the MP in a previous matter and she wasnt very helpful. Basically just apologised because she couldnt do anything. I have not contacted the landowner as of yet though.
    You are not the one contacting the landowner or MP , it's your OH that should be doing it !
    Newbies !!
  • edited 3 January at 2:36PM
    Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    15.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 January at 2:36PM
    So, first i will file an AoS. Next step I guess ill obtain any documentation or evidence I need. Were still not sure as to where this took place and when.

Surely the Particulars of Claim (POC) state this!