Reply from online appeal from an IPC member

2»

Replies

• MickeymaccaMickeymacca Forumite
    11 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Fruitcake said:
    What happened when you complained to the landowner?

What type of car park was this; residential, NHS, retail, supermarket? Is it a site that has come up on here before? It may be that there is useful information about the site on this forum, but the regulars can't help you if we don't know where it is.

You haven't answered the question about whether the driver has or hasn't been identified. If they haven't, was the NTK PoFA compliant?
    Hello thank you for your reply.  I'll try and put as much info as I can without identifying myself or the site as it's where I live and is a contentious issue already sadly.  The day the PCN was received in the post I called the person who took the photo and sent it to UKCPM.  He isn't the landowner (I'm fairly sure the landowner isn't even aware that he has introduced this scheme).  The person who instructed UKPCM is a business owner who gets annoyed when visitors to nearby properties park near his business.  He has placed the signs on the inside of his building and they are not lit at night.  A visitor to my property parked there while the business was closed and it was dark and the sign wasn't seen.  The next morning the car was still there not parked near the building but opposite and there is no way the sign would have been seen.  Three weeks later  a PCN was received in the post.  I phoned the business owner and asked if he could get it overturned and he refused (as I thought he would bearing in mind the above)  I read through the forum and did an online appeal to them as suggested but I think I was possibly incorrect in not attaching my pictures which show the signs are poorly positioned, there are no marked bays, no signage at the entrance to the area and its poorly lit.  Thank you I appreciate your time and will re-read through. 
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ukcpm and many other PARKING companies routinely reject appeals , even with self ticketing operations. Nothing you can say or do would change that fact. Rejection is typical and expected , especially by an IPC member
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • edited 2 January at 2:54PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    98K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 January at 2:54PM
    If you can get photos in the dark, taken from the parking bays WITH NO FLASH, showing that the signs are unlit and impossible to notice, and if you point out that UKCPM do not have the consent of the residential landowner and have simply signed a contract with an adjacent business-owner whose premises are shut at night and yet are next to the residential parking bays where leaseholders and visitors need to park, you could win this at IAS stage with that evidence. 

If you get a rejection letter and are in time to send all that evidence to the IAS within 21 days (and the appellant MUST bombard the IAS with evidence, not just words) then you might see UKCPM offer 'no contest' due to your evidence, to save themselves money. 

DO NOT TRY THE NON-STANDARD IAS IF YOU ARE LATER THAN 21 DAYS FROM THE REJECTION LETTER - THAT IS JUST A KANGAROO COURT WHERE HAPLESS CONSUMERS PAY £15 TO LOSE TO A BENT AND BINDING ADR DECISION. 

THE SOONER THE HORRIFICALLY-SKEWED 'IAS' GETS BINNED THIS YEAR, THE BETTER.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MickeymaccaMickeymacca Forumite
    11 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts
    thank you all appreciate the advice  :)