Applied for a card then internet connection goes down

edited 30 December 2020 at 10:21PM in Credit Cards
6 replies 252 views
LeeUKLeeUK Forumite
7.4K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 December 2020 at 10:21PM in Credit Cards
Just applied for a Tesco credit card online and I was accepted, signed the online credit agreements then clicked next to register for online banking. While trying to submit my details for online banking, my internet decides to spaz out and now I've lost everything and I didn't get to the "You're Done" page of the whole application process.

Will I still get my card as it did say I was successful and I signed the agreements or will I have to apply again and possibly have another hard search on my credit record? I've had no emails through from Tesco yet.

I just hate tech, they go on about AI and all this self driving car nonsense but can't even get basic internet connection to run smoothly.

Replies

• dr_adidas01dr_adidas01 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    LeeUK said:
    Just applied for a Tesco credit card online and I was accepted, signed the online credit agreements then clicked next to register for online banking. While trying to submit my details for online banking, my internet decides to spaz out and now I've lost everything and I didn't get to the "You're Done" page of the whole application process.

Will I still get my card as it did say I was successful and I signed the agreements or will I have to apply again and possibly have another hard search on my credit record? I've had no emails through from Tesco yet.

I just hate tech, they go on about AI and all this self driving car nonsense but can't even get basic internet connection to run smoothly.
    Quickest option would be to give Tesco a call and see if your application has been received and explain what happened. 

Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • J_BJ_B Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quickest option would be to give Tesco a call and see if your application has been received and explain what happened.
    But maybe don't say <<my internet decides to spaz out>> 🤔
  • LeeUKLeeUK Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    J_B said:
    But maybe don't say <<my internet decides to spaz out>> 🤔
    Nothing works properly when you are busy doing something serious. You can sit all day on social media and youtube and never have a problem until you start a credit application. 

• stokegalstokegal Forumite
    925 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    You might of had a lucky miss if it didn’t go through. Tesco were voted one of the worst banks in 2020 according to which

https://www.which.co.uk/money/banking/bank-accounts/best-and-worst-banks-a3q5d8c6dj7y#headline_3

I personally have had a card with them for the past 3 years and im just about to close my account with them. They have increased my rate and reduced my limit 4 times in the past 18 months without so much as a curtesy letter.
    LBM - Oct 2020 - £37500
    Currently - £8409
    77% cleared!
  • FarfetchFarfetch Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    stokegal said:
    You might of had a lucky miss if it didn’t go through. Tesco were voted one of the worst banks in 2020 according to which

https://www.which.co.uk/money/banking/bank-accounts/best-and-worst-banks-a3q5d8c6dj7y#headline_3

I personally have had a card with them for the past 3 years and im just about to close my account with them. They have increased my rate and reduced my limit 4 times in the past 18 months without so much as a curtesy letter.
    Probably emailed or maybe letter went missing - reducing your limit and increasing rate indicates you are either considered a risk or aren't using the card enough. As you will be paying off the card in full every month (right?) the rate doesn't matter and if you are only using a very small amount or your risk profile is considered a problem, having a lower limit avoids persistent debt issues so either way, not a bad bank, but one looking after their customer

He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery.

-Harold Wilson

• LeeUKLeeUK Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Received a text message this morning saying my Tesco credit card and pin have been dispatched and will receive them shortly. All is good, just need to wait for card to arrive to set up the online banking.  :)