edited 2 October 2020 at 8:44AM in Compers Chat Corner
74 replies 3.7K views

Replies

• sleepyjonessleepyjones Forumite
    6K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dunno if this has been mentioned but 
    It just occurred to me (thinking specifically about the advents) that it might be hard to tell which days you've entered.
    If you give a thumbsup on a post at a 10am and then return at 6pm, it'll be difficult to tell if you've Thumbsedup already since it only shows you the last 10 or so people ... it'd be good to have "You've Thumbsed up this" marker or something.  Bit late now, but one to note for future updates
  • edited 28 November 2020 at 5:32PM
    BootsMulleryBootsMullery Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    edited 28 November 2020 at 5:32PM
    Dunno if this has been mentioned but 
    It just occurred to me (thinking specifically about the advents) that it might be hard to tell which days you've entered.
    If you give a thumbsup on a post at a 10am and then return at 6pm, it'll be difficult to tell if you've Thumbsedup already since it only shows you the last 10 or so people ... it'd be good to have "You've Thumbsed up this" marker or something.  Bit late now, but one to note for future updates
    If you are unsure if you've clicked the "compliments" button, if you click and the number goes down, you had already clicked, if the number goes up, you hadn't.
    Generally, this has been included in the list of problems as:-

"Users are unable to see if they have liked (Comp-limented) a post if more than a handful of people have done so

Ability to see who has liked (Comp-limented) a post"

• BluluBlulu Forumite
    7.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice one Sleepy. I agree with both comments. I would say that this point has been included in the list, but it's fine to 'double check'. I also agree with Boots point about clicking to see if the number of thanks goes down by one. You can do this any number of times on the same post to make sure it's genuinely your click that is affecting the number. But that's not really the way we want it to be. It will be much better if they can make it so that it is clear and easy to see when we have thanked a post.

MSE Laura is hoping to get back to us fairly soon with an update, over the next week or two perhaps.

Blu XXX
    Anyone else miss the chat in Compers Chat Corner? How about we try to bring it back?

{{{{{ Imagine ALL the people sharing ALL the world }}}}}
  • libra10libra10 Forumite
    16K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Blulu for the update.
  • cornishpasty1cornishpasty1 Forumite
    27.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been hanging on in here in the hope that things would get back to normal, but sadly I see no recent changes, how much longer is this going to take?
    #StaySafe
    When searching at the moment, put speech marks at beginning and end of URL and that seems to filter better,
    thanks to @pate-ci0
    It appears the search facility doesn't pick up URL hidden in the CLICKY link thing, so please post comps using the full URL not hidden in the CLICKY. MSE may eventually sort it out, but for now this might help us all.

For successful search, follow @One-Eye's directions here (until MSE finally sort it out) IT WORKS! https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/78616641/#Comment_78616641
  • RahvenRahven Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it would be good to know what's going on. I'm hoping someone from MSE can give an idea of timescales?
    I don't have any updates since the last one posted here I'm afraid: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6204908/forum-update-re-changes#latest 
  • libra10libra10 Forumite
    16K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's now a year since the upgrade!
    I don't think we will see much improvement in the future.  Not optimistic.
  • cornishpasty1cornishpasty1 Forumite
    27.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've finally given up the ghost on this comps forum as I have seen NO changes at all!!!!
    #StaySafe
    When searching at the moment, put speech marks at beginning and end of URL and that seems to filter better,
    thanks to @pate-ci0
    It appears the search facility doesn't pick up URL hidden in the CLICKY link thing, so please post comps using the full URL not hidden in the CLICKY. MSE may eventually sort it out, but for now this might help us all.

For successful search, follow @One-Eye's directions here (until MSE finally sort it out) IT WORKS! https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/78616641/#Comment_78616641
  • mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    45K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've finally given up the ghost on this comps forum as I have seen NO changes at all!!!!
    After they have brought back so many of the competition time features that were missing when the forum first changed - oh yeah forgot that is none of them so far.