IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Received Directions Questionnaire - what next?

Replies

• samsepi0lsamsepi0l Forumite
    24 Posts
    10 Posts
    KeithP said:
    I would suggest that the private land starts where the arch over the roadway is.
    That seems to be in line with the change in colour of the tarmac pavement on each side too.

I've not looked back through the thread, but do we know exactly where this is?
    136 Portswood Rd, Portswood, Southampton SO17 2NH - Portswood Shopping Car Park
    Wasn't sure whether to omit that piece of information, but as you're asking, I imagine its not a problem :)
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    29.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah... @Coupon-mad knows all about that car park. Mr Crosby parked there.

Look at this lengthy thread:
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6006850/bw-legal-portswood-car-park-southampton/p1
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    105.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    So Portswood (the Crosby case location and I suspect the Semark-Jullien location but I'm not 100% sure) has a camera on a shop filming people on the public highway?!  Get proof from the Council, a map of what is adopted public highway, not a phone conversation.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • CastleCastle Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I checked out this website and that suggested that only half, (approx 20 metres), of the road leading to the car park is public:-
    https://www.southampton.gov.uk/whereilive/mapsouthampton.aspx?
    24 Posts
    10 Posts
    And now I await the councils response via email for evidence 

Just received BW Legals directions questionnaire.
    Now I'm no lawyer, but their representative has put 0 under "How many witnesses, including yourself, will give evidence on your behalf at the hearing?". They've also not filled out the Hearing Venue field.

So you guys aren't sending anyone by your own admission, right...
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ignore their DQ and file it , nobody from b w legal will attend but the claimant may pay for a rent a lawyer to attend

Do not read too much into their DQ , as long as your DQ has gone to b w legal and the CCBC , await letters from your nominated court
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    samsepi0l said:

Now I'm no lawyer, but their representative has put 0 under "How many witnesses, including yourself, will give evidence on your behalf at the hearing?". They've also not filled out the Hearing Venue field.

A legal rep is not a witness, but can obviously present their case. 0 witnesses is obviously correct. They don't care about venue b3csie it will be at your choice of location.  
    24 Posts
    10 Posts
    samsepi0l said:

A legal rep is not a witness, but can obviously present their case. 0 witnesses is obviously correct. They don't care about venue b3csie it will be at your choice of location.  
    Ah. Well, I know nothing about legal proceedings so. Either way it seems like theres a good amount of points to raise when it gets to it, and if this thing about the public road is correct, well, I can't imagine that would sit well with the judge 
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of those points are from the DQ 

your defence raises the arguments, your WS then fills in the facts and evidence that supports your argument s. That's the correct way to structure this. 

If it's a public road, shame you didn't find out.  A counterclaim for harassment, breach of DPA etc would be an easy win. 
    24 Posts
    10 Posts
    Well, according to the TRO the part of the road that the cameras are on are public. So this should be an easy win.