• edited 8 December 2020 at 2:43PM
    London_babyLondon_baby Forumite
    384 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 8 December 2020 at 2:43PM
    VALM said:
    Everything seems to have slowed right down however three UUs recently:-

Lacura face wipes.  Not very saturated.  Not very effective.  WNBA.  I think I was given these as part of a gift anyway.
    Cotton wool pads.  I can't remember where from.  Have new ones to replace with.  I actually only use these for nail polish removal now. 
    Michael Kors Wanderlust perfume sample.  This was lovely however it smells very similar to Paco Rabanne Olympea which I have a bottle of.  This may be really picky but the company that sent me the sample sent me a follow up email looking for feedback.  One of these questions asked if I was likely to repurchase the fragrance and gave the usual categories of "Highly likely", "Likely" etc however asked if it was "Dislikely" that I would repurchase.  This really gets my goat.  I did mention that I am "Unlikely" to repurchase as there is no such word as dislikely!  Is it just me?? 

:) It's not just you! I try not to be a grammar/spelling n*zi but sometimes I wonder why people don't try this magical thing called the internet if they're not sure about a word. I'm sure there was an expensive marketing team behind that survey and no one picked it up.

In:
    Cerave Salicylic acid smoothing cleaner - Cerave seems to the trendy brand right now.  Curious to see if chemical body exfoliation can replace usual body scrubs. I've also bought a dry body brush to reduce the need for scrubs.

Continuing sample UUs:
    Nuxe Aquabella beautifying moisturising emulsion - Sinks in nicely but I'm sure there are similar products that cost less.
    Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse hair & body oil - Smells lovely but does nothing for me.
    Colgate toothpaste sample

TA:
    Tesco contact lens comfort drops - Hardly used and was lying around for ages.

Will bank all for Boots Recycling. I want to save enough points for the Revlon one step dryer and volumiser brush. 

• shed35shed35 Forumite
    217 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Hi
    My first update for December:-
    UU
    Avon Suncare Sensitive Body and Face Suncream
    Balmond Skin Balm
    Dove Body Wash
    Avon Supreme Shampoo
    Weleda Almond Facial Oil

IN
    Elizabeth Arden Skin Protectant x 2

Total 111

• VALMVALM Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    VALM said:
    Everything seems to have slowed right down however three UUs recently:-

Lacura face wipes.  Not very saturated.  Not very effective.  WNBA.  I think I was given these as part of a gift anyway.
    Cotton wool pads.  I can't remember where from.  Have new ones to replace with.  I actually only use these for nail polish removal now. 
    Michael Kors Wanderlust perfume sample.  This was lovely however it smells very similar to Paco Rabanne Olympea which I have a bottle of.  This may be really picky but the company that sent me the sample sent me a follow up email looking for feedback.  One of these questions asked if I was likely to repurchase the fragrance and gave the usual categories of "Highly likely", "Likely" etc however asked if it was "Dislikely" that I would repurchase.  This really gets my goat.  I did mention that I am "Unlikely" to repurchase as there is no such word as dislikely!  Is it just me?? 

:) It's not just you! I try not to be a grammar/spelling n*zi but sometimes I wonder why people don't try this magical thing called the internet if they're not sure about a word. I'm sure there was an expensive marketing team behind that survey and no one picked it up.
    In:
    Cerave Salicylic acid smoothing cleaner - Cerave seems to the trendy brand right now.  Curious to see if chemical body exfoliation can replace usual body scrubs. I've also bought a dry body brush to reduce the need for scrubs.

Glad it's not just me re the grammar.  x  My daughter is using Cerave cleanser and moisturiser and it has helped her skin massively.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19sstevo19 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    A few UUs from the past few days:

Superdrug The Moisturising Little Blue Stick 4.8g - WDBA and have done. I love using this last thing on a night, after I've brushed my teeth as it keeps my lips hydrated all night and I don't need to apply lip balm much during the day if I use this on a night :) And it's only 99p :) 

The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter 90ml - WDBA and I have done, my next tin should be arriving today. This is my favourite cleanser, I love the smell and how it takes everything off. It really does help shift my SPF and the day's grime off my skin. 

And two INs from yesterday:

Superdrug Solait Sensitive Face Lotion SPF30 50ml
    Childs Farm Baby Moisturiser 250ml

The Superdrug Sun Lotion is to replace my Purito Sunscreen as there's been a bit of a scandal. They claimed it was SPF50 and two European Labs have tested it to be only SPF19. Why? It's such a lovely SPF to use everyday but I would like a slightly higher level of protection. The Superdrug one hopefully won't break me out and will tide me over until my next SPF arrives. 
    1.4K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Two INs today:

The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter 90ml
    The Body Shop Shea Body Butter 200ml

A few essentials :) 
  • edited 10 December 2020 at 10:20PM
    London_babyLondon_baby Forumite
    384 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 10 December 2020 at 10:20PM

Superdrug Solait Sensitive Face Lotion SPF30 50ml
    Childs Farm Baby Moisturiser 250ml

The Superdrug Sun Lotion is to replace my Purito Sunscreen as there's been a bit of a scandal. They claimed it was SPF50 and two European Labs have tested it to be only SPF19. Why? It's such a lovely SPF to use everyday but I would like a slightly higher level of protection. The Superdrug one hopefully won't break me out and will tide me over until my next SPF arrives. 
    I'm so glad my hoard saved me from purchasing the Purito sunscreen. It was constantly praised by beauty influencers. The low protection is shocking but there were also 'Western' products that failed the test. I hope I don't hear anything bad about Biore Watery Essence when I get round to it. 

In:
    Dr. Sante Anti-hair loss Trichogen complex mask - This was a blind buy from justmylook. Pleasantly surprised to see the product contains proteins and niamcimiade as it was cheap. Hopefully, it will give my hair a boost .  I just wish justmylook would list the ingredients on the website. They must get their stock from some grey market. 

UU:
    Nuxe 5 in 1 Primer boost sample - WNB. Makes skin soft but nothing special for price point.

1.4K posts
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still happy to use it until its empty, I'm just aware that it's a lower SPF than I would like but I'm waiting for a new Korean one (made by a different OEM manufacturer than Purito). I have seen people commenting in a skincare group I'm in saying their pigmentation got worse using the Purito SPFs but I've never had too much of an issue.