Forum Home» Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Easyjet cancel flights but Accommodation paid for, Am i entitled to refund?

New Post Advanced Search

Easyjet cancel flights but Accommodation paid for, Am i entitled to refund?

edited 2 December 2020 at 2:26PM in Coronavirus Travel Help & Info
7 replies 292 views
Nev33Nev33 Forumite
2 posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 2 December 2020 at 2:26PM in Coronavirus Travel Help & Info
Hi, Easyjet have cancelled my flights to & from Prague next Feb, there are no other flights available for my dates, I've even searched other airlines, I have booked a non refundable hotel through Hotels.com yet this was early last March before this coronavirus situation. Am i entitled to a refund on my hotel as this is not my fault that easyjet have cancelled & i cannot afford to lose the hotel money, Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers Mark

Replies

• martindowmartindow Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Possibly via your travel insurance, but in these covid times they may well have exclusions, sadly.  Maybe the Prague will be under lockdown again then.  If the hotel is closed then hotels.com could offer a credit or refund.  Best to wait and see what happens.
    It's a bit late now, but it is best to book hotels with cancellation possible up to a few days before your arrival as things can change so quickly..
  • Voyager2002Voyager2002 Forumite
    14.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    martindow said:
    Possibly via your travel insurance, but in these covid times they may well have exclusions, sadly.
    If the insurance was taken out at the time of booking (before Covid) then any exclusions added subsequently would not apply.

My advice to the OP: refuse any refund that Easyjet offer and make it clear that you want re-routing. Even though there are no flights at present, a lot could change between now and February.
  • Nev33Nev33 Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    martindow said:
    Possibly via your travel insurance, but in these covid times they may well have exclusions, sadly.  Maybe the Prague will be under lockdown again then.  If the hotel is closed then hotels.com could offer a credit or refund.  Best to wait and see what happens.
    It's a bit late now, but it is best to book hotels with cancellation possible up to a few days before your arrival as things can change so quickly..
    Thanks for the reply, I have with all newer bookings got cancellation right upto the date, but i booked this before all this covid issues really kicked in.
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    47.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not your fault, of course, but not the hotel's fault either, as they are not responsible for your travel arrangements. 
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • mattyprice4004mattyprice4004 Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The hotel shouldn't be out of pocket, as they didn't cancel the flights - it's not their risk to take.
    You can ask them nicely to move the booking or refund, but you are entitled to nothing.
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    80.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Contact the Hotel and see what options are available.  
    “Far from seamlessly assimilating new ideas into our existing belief framework, research shows that we actually tend to get more firm in our cherished beliefs when those beliefs become challenged.”
    ― Daniel Crosby
  • TedberTedber Forumite
    1.1K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭

My advice to the OP: refuse any refund that Easyjet offer and make it clear that you want re-routing. Even though there are no flights at present, a lot could change between now and February.
    Rre-routing won’t apply. The flight has been cancelled in good time.  If the OP can’t find a suitable flight then it isn’t the concern of the accommodation either.  As has been suggested, contact the hotel to see if you can move the booking. If they decline then you need to look at your insurance policy to see what you are insured for.