IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Received Directions Questionnaire - what next?

Replies

• samsepi0lsamsepi0l Forumite
    24 Posts
    10 Posts
    Forumite
     I honestly don't even remember where I was parked, and what I was doing, I can only guess it was a phone call.
    Then you shouldn't have put that rubbish in your defence because it's actually a weak position to take.  Far better not to say what you were doing.

You haven't answered my question where I asked:
    How many (exact) minutes and seconds between each photo, and were the images taken by someone hiding and being predatory with their phone camera or were they ANPR in and out images?

I was never provided any photos or told what I did apart from I violated the terms and conditions. Ill have to wait for the SAR to know anything 
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Ah OK, so when the SAR comes back you will need to look carefully at the photos and timings given.  And come back and tell us.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    24 Posts
    10 Posts
    Forumite
    Ah OK, so when the SAR comes back you will need to look carefully at the photos and timings given.  And come back and tell us.
    SAR has arrived.
    • Arrived at Car Park: 15:27:30
    • Left Car Park: 18:32:33
    The photos show the entrance of the car park, taken with the camera that you can see to the top left of the speed bump, and again the one opposite. Driver not visible in either, just the front of the car.

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    106.7K Posts
    Forumite
    The private land looks (I am guessing) like it starts at the speed bump so is the car shown in fact, on Council public highway, in whole or in part?  The foreground with traffic lights is public highway.
    24 Posts
    10 Posts
    Forumite
    The private land looks (I am guessing) like it starts at the speed bump so is the car shown in fact, on Council public highway, in whole or in part?  The foreground with traffic lights is public highway.
    On Google Maps the road isn't shown at all, so I would assume all private. 
    This may sound silly, but the images they've provided are very, very zoomed in so it's difficult to prove on which side of the road they were taken. The one taken after sunset isn't detailed at all which helps. I would post them but I feel that may be a bad idea(?)

On both images, it looks like they were taken with my car right above the '5' sign on the road itself.  So I wonder whether it could be argued there is no evidence I didn't enter for ten minutes, leave, and return again? That wouldn't be violating the maximum stay, nor the minimum 2 hour no return.
  • edited 7 December 2020 at 2:59PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    106.7K Posts
    Forumite
    edited 7 December 2020 at 2:59PM
    It can't be private with a traffic light and a Subway.

Look at the Local Council Traffic Order map (available to anyone, might be online or you have a right to ask the Council for a copy for free) for that main road with the traffic light.  The map will likely show the first few yards of that side road are Council, in my experience.  Seen roads like this before and the speed bump and the presence of the first sign level with it, tells me the speed bump is the crossover point.
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    30.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I would suggest that the private land starts where the arch over the roadway is.
    That seems to be in line with the change in colour of the tarmac pavement on each side too.

I've not looked back through the thread, but do we know exactly where this is?
    24 Posts
    10 Posts
    Forumite
    It can't be private with a traffic light and a Subway.

Look at the Local Council Traffic Order map (available to anyone, might be online or you have a right to ask the Council for a copy for free) for that main road with the traffic light.  The map will likely show the first few yards of that side road are Council, in my experience.  Seen roads like this before and the speed bump and the presence of the first sign level with it, tells me the speed bump is the crossover point.
    I've had a look, it isn't available online so looks like I'll have to email. Interestingly the Ordnance Survey Map shows the entrance, all the way up until the roundabout that is inside, where it then ends. This suggests that maybe it is public? I will get in touch with the council for the Traffic Order map though, thank you for the suggestion
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    106.7K Posts
    Forumite
    I think that's something to do urgently. 

Don't let them tell you that you can't be shown a traffic order map free, or that you have to ask under Freedom of Information and write in!  You do NOT.
    24 Posts
    10 Posts
    Forumite
    I think that's something to do urgently. 

Don't let them tell you that you can't be shown a traffic order map free, or that you have to ask under Freedom of Information and write in!  You do NOT.
    And right you are! I called and asked and on their internal system they confirmed its public/council land up until the roundabout. The photos of my car are taken completely on the public stretch. Im going to email now and ask for a copy of the map to have as evidence.