Daydream fund challenge part 4

edited 4 October 2014 at 11:24AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
10.7K replies 828.1K views

Replies

• DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with your tooth stuff next week Dave! 
    And please all of you send me some "positive vibes" at 2.00 pm on Friday!
    You can have all the vibes I have left maggie, but my dental appointment is tomorrow, not next week, and I'll  be emerging not long before you go in! :#
    I've had a very hard day sorting out a place to get my aggregate and 30 bags of cement delivered and then stacking all the tree rounds from yesterday. As promised, here's the 'Spot the Difference' picture:

• ukmaggie45ukmaggie45 Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    "You can have all the vibes I have left maggie, but my dental appointment is tomorrow, not next week, and I'll  be emerging not long before you go in! "

Oh, I'll be sending you The Vibes while I'm getting ready to go! Hope the tooth can be saved.

My dentist was worried that my teeth were so bad (the one am having out tomorrow had split in half) that I was in danger of getting tooth caused sepsis, so it seems a good idea to get shot of it. How I'll eat afterwards is a bit of a problem - I've spent the last few weeks chewing on that side. The other side doesn't have enough teeth left to actually chew. So a diet of slush for the foreseeable future I guess. No pigs in blankets for me this Xmas! Been missing bacon and fried potatoes for the last 4 weeks already.

Let me be a lesson to you all! 
    http://monologues.co.uk/Pam_Ayres/My_Teeth.htm
  • in_my_welliesin_my_wellies Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Wishing everyone good luck at the dentist

It's horrible drizzle today so not a lot done outside, just picked carrots, spinach and parsley for tea and tidied up more leaves from the lean-to.  Two hens started to lay again. I only noticed after buying eggs from the farm shop. Then I went to support a village market which has just started up. It was quite busy so I hope they can keep going. Soon they are hoping to get a fish van. That will be worth going for, I miss my fresh fish. 
    Love living in a village in the country side
  • luciellelucielle Forumite
    9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope you're both ok.  Those trees going have made a big difference
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • ukmaggie45ukmaggie45 Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Lucielle and Wellies! Home and in bed watching TV. Mouth still pretty well frozen. Not a bunch of laughs, but my dentist is really good, so hardly painful at all (just a bit getting the anaesthetic in). We had a nice chat about I'm a Celebrity get me outta here. And Independent SAGE. And growing pak choi.  :)
    Hope you've survived too, Dave. Amazing the difference losing those trees has made.
  • edited 20 November 2020 at 5:11PM
    DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 November 2020 at 5:11PM
    I'm OK too, though I was in there 85 minutes. :o Dentist decided she 'might' be able to save the really bad tooth, so after filling the other one she started the root canal stuff....and it was pretty very painful. :s Of course, if it hadn't been for Covid there'd have been no need, as the tooth was still alive at the last session. Next session isn't until 21st December, but knowing my previous form, the temporary filling will fall out long before that. ;)
  • in_my_welliesin_my_wellies Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Liquid diet then Dave  ;)
    You would have thought all this talk of dentists would have reminded me that my mum had an appointment today - missed it!  :|
    Love living in a village in the country side
    34.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liquid diet then Dave  ;)
    You would have thought all this talk of dentists would have reminded me that my mum had an appointment today - missed it!  :|
    Whoops! ..... :o and appointments are like chicken's teeth!
    I missed my flu jab last Saturday, but I was feeling poorly enough without that!  It's like a cattle market anyway, so they didn't miss me. I've now re-booked and I'm getting my preferred nurse on Monday as a bonus. :D:smile:
    I thought I was already on a fluid diet...I've gone through a litre of Scotch in a week! >:) This is the first night in ages I've not been partially  mainly powered by Whyte & Mackay!  o:)

34.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all, thanks for all the good wishes, Lucielle and others; I got the best night's sleep in ages. :) I hope you can save your tooth RAS. We're all suffering as this Covid thing destabilizes the health services we've been used to, which is the half of the story that gains less prominence.
    Those logs are going to be 'interesting.' Apparently some have been promised to 'everyone,' but if you look at the photo and compare to the size of my splitting axe, you might wonder, as I do, how 'everyone' is going to cope with them, not to mention store them for a year! :D I have a feeling I'll be left with a substantial pile:

By the way, that's not all of them! :o
  • luciellelucielle Forumite
    9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should keep you out of trouble for a while!
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124