Travel credit cards

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
384 replies 134.5K views
1333435363739»

Replies

• stevenpcstevenpc Forumite
    136 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    i wouldnt cancel  until i had another card i cancelled a card that i no longer used and my credit score went down.
    If you have had the card for some time with a good record that helps when applying
  • eDickyeDicky Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean that when using the MSE eligibility checker for suitable 'travel' credit cards it indicates a low percentage chance..? How long ago was it..?

Have you checked the three credit reference agencies to see what's recorded on your history, possible mistakes etc..?

Judging by the several threads full of tales of woe about JaJa, you would do well to ditch it.

There are various debit cards for travel, such as Starling Bank, so there's no need to be left without a card.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • mizunootomizunooto Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I chose the Barclaycard Rewards card on recommendation from MSE. It arrived today and I'm already considering cutting it onto tiny pieces and returning it to Barclays. I've spent over three hours trying to register it and get the app running, spoken to five customer service agents, been cut off twice, been told that there was no trace of my card in the system, been given phone numbers to call that were "not currently in use"... I can't remember a worse customer "service" experience. It appears the only way I can complain is by getting out my quill pen and parchment and writing to an address in Leicester. You have been warned.
  • RickMoneyRickMoney Forumite
    154 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Is the Creation card still considered a top pick for overseas spending? I've not seen it on the recommended list for a long time but I get that there is no sign up bonus or cashback.