Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Drawing a line under the debt. Take two. - Page 75

New Post Advanced Search

Drawing a line under the debt. Take two.

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
835 replies 43.3K views

Replies

• savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    14.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news on the other offer at the right price. Let's hope this one speeds through. I chickened out putting our on the market - but partly because I think I'd want to move again in 5 or 6 years nearer to the coast and possibly even the sun.
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £15212 £[email protected] 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 32187/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    !!!!!!. Think I may have inadvertently thrown a bit of a spanner in the works. EA rang to talk through buyers broker/solicitors etc and send memorandum of sale. Throwaway comment on 'your house is standard construction, not timber framed or anything' prompting me to reply.... Um, yes I believe it is timber framed. I am not 100% sure, but like 90% sure. One of those things that has never been confirmed, never been asked about outright, but is common knowledge on the estate. This is an estate that has at least 2/300 houses on all the same construction, so would assume local people would know this 🤷 

Anyway he said he will ask a local broker to see if they agree, but I would find it odd to be that much of an issue. Nearly every other house here must have a mortgage on it?! 

Seriously, beginning to think my wobble was right and we are destined to stay put.

Child benefit hit the account this week, out towards removals so all that saved now. Think I am going to borrow 3k from dad for the EA fees and anything I save now will be towards the furniture and soft furnishings we will need. 
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Our mortgage offer expires 11 weeks tomorrow. And Xmas is in the middle of that. Hopefully buyer will have mortgage offer and survey/searches done by then and enquiries raised. Having done the sale conveyancing once at least we have an idea if what will be thrown up. Indemnity for the conservatory and satilite dish, I need to send in the additional elec report I found, and they may require an indemnity for the lack of building regs from when we moved the boiler.

Gah, back on the rollercoaster now......
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    So looks like buyer has solicitors appointed, and mortgage offer in. My solicitor contacted me to say draft contract sent out, and to double check the fixtures and fitting form and TA6. I did say I had estimated our conservatory build as 2000, but previous searches came back as 2005, but otherwise it was all the same. 

I think as long as our buyer has a mortgage offer and initial enquiries answered by Xmas we should be ok for mid Jan. Before Xmas would be amazing, but I am not pushing for that. But with our purchase being ready to exchange, it is like a chain free property, so it is doable, especially as all the conveyancing has already been done once, we know the issues the searches and title will throw up, so it will just be anything that a survey might highlight as prev buyers didn't have one. 

Payday for me tomorrow, earnt over £500 last month due to how the days fell, and owed £40 for a tenancy clean too. December pay will be rubbish, two clients isolating, and two have decided to not have me during this lockdown (which is fine, left it to them to make the decision) but means my pay before Xmas will be around £300, I will definitely be looking to claim the next seiss grant. With furlough being extended until March I think I am ok with that job, and with the small possibility of a vaccine I am hoping that from April I should be ok to do my 10hours again as people can start traveling more. 

It is pouring with rain here and supposed to be all weekend. Hoping Monday is better I need to get out in a walk, going a bit stir crazy. All the financial implications and house move stuff is making me feel very unsettled.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Honeysucklelou2Honeysucklelou2 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good news that you have been able to find a new buyer so quickly. Hope all goes smoothly re conveyancing.
    paydbx2021 #93 £1454/£7,250 . 2021 savings challenge £88.44/£1000
    EF £310 . SPC 039
    # savings# £1101. Savings 2 £40.50 H2S £200.00
    14.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like a real rollercoaster. We ducked out of putting ours on the market as I decided I couldn't cope with the stress
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £15212 £[email protected] 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 32187/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
  • Came on to find out how you were doing.  Fingers crossed it all continues to move along nicely for you.
    2 credit cards gone forever, just 6 more credit cards, 2 loans and 2 car loans to go! What were we thinking!
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Long time without checking in. Been stressed about house completing before the mortgage offer expires at the end of Jan. Buyer has had a desktop survey apparently, and searches are delayed, last one due back on 21st which is such bad timing! EA is ringing me weekly with an update. Will have to make a decision next week as to whether we attempt to extend our mortgage offer or not. I really want to avoid it if possible though. Am hoping that the buyers solicitors raise initial enquiries on the title and the searches that are due back next week. 

Otherwise we are ticking along. Savings looking good, Xmas category is bare, but all main presents bought, just some stocking stuff and food now I think. Also bought all my neices birthday presents (two in Dec one in Jan.) Also my mum's and my birthday in Jan. For my boy I want to have exchanged contracts 🤔😂😂😂

Ah well, if it doesn't work out we will just stay out. May look at changing the conservatory to a proper extension, put in a kitchen diner and office. 
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • luciellelucielle Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still keeping everything crossed for you.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
    14.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope it works out ok