Hi

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. Between 2001 and 2012 roughly I opened and closed poss up to 3  ebay accounts due to moving, not having Internet, forgetting log ins, emails etc.
I am now concerned that I may have old PayPal accounts open with old email accounts, some from companies that don't exist and even email addresses I cant recall.

I haven't used ebay or PayPal for 8 years or so. How can I contact PayPal to check these accounts are all closed? The website requires email address but I have tried the email i have used for the last few years and it doesn't recognise  it but does recognise an address  last used in 2007 but i don't think that company exists..I am worried they will try to take fees and can't contact me.
Is there an address I can write to them? Thanks

Replies

• custardycustardy Forumite
    38K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What fees are you expecting them to take?
  • bitofluckneededbitofluckneeded Forumite
    4 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi I believe if you don't use your account from December they will charge £12.   Im worried about these
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    68.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi I believe if you don't use your account from December they will charge £12.   Im worried about these
    If you read the announcement they only take the fee if you have money in your paypal account, if you have no money then they take nothing. 
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • Spoonie_TurtleSpoonie_Turtle Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. Between 2001 and 2012 roughly I opened and closed poss up to 3  ebay accounts due to moving, not having Internet, forgetting log ins, emails etc.
    I am now concerned that I may have old PayPal accounts open with old email accounts, some from companies that don't exist and even email addresses I cant recall.

I haven't used ebay or PayPal for 8 years or so. How can I contact PayPal to check these accounts are all closed? The website requires email address but I have tried the email i have used for the last few years and it doesn't recognise  it but does recognise an address  last used in 2007 but i don't think that company exists..I am worried they will try to take fees and can't contact me.
    Is there an address I can write to them? Thanks
    Does this help? https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/faq1935
    https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/contact-us
    On my laptop going to Contact Us >> Message gives an option to chat whilst logged out.

From the PayPal user agreement:

"You can contact us by:

Writing to us by post at our head office: PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. Attention: Legal Department, 22-24 Boulevard Royal, 2449 Luxembourg, Luxembourg;"

There are also a few phone numbers thrown up from a search for 'contact PayPal by phone uk' but I'm not recommending any of them in particular, I'll leave it to you to do your own search and decide whether to try any of them.
  • bitofluckneededbitofluckneeded Forumite
    4 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thanks.  I have tried the numbers to phone them and the lines go dead. I have had a chat through messenger and they advised me to ring 

Thanks to all who replied