Forum Home» Energy

Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback - Page 48

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback

edited 15 November 2018 at 1:56PM in Energy
504 replies 92.4K views

Replies

• zippygeorgeandbenzippygeorgeandben Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @zippygeorgeandben, happy to welcome you to Pure Planet! We'll send you monthly statements by email, and you can view your meter reading history in your app or web account, to help you keep track of your usage.  :)
    If you'd like your boiler checked you can find a gas safe engineer to visit the property and carry this out for you. 
    You may also find this FAQ about switching to Pure Planet helpful! 
    Nataly @PurePlanet

Thank you PurePlanet - it seems so hot in the small room where the boiler is and would like someone to come and check it out once and for all.  There are so many switches and dials I just want someone to lower my bills. £130 for electric only in a small 2 bedroom flat?!
    Savings as of November 2020
    Savings account 1 - £21724.46(21710.41)
    Current account - £3303.22(4130.07)
    Total - £25027.68 (25840.48)
    Plus £928.45 (£50 per month between CS/BS) HTB £1600

• ChapmanCarolChapmanCarol Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi,  I have just switched my mum over to Pure Planet, however, I wasn't aware that you take more in the winter and less in the summer via direct debit. Unfortunately, my mum is not in the position to pay the increased figure during the winter months and therefore I need to cancel the switch. How do I cancel the switch? 

Thank you. 
  • edited 27 September at 6:56PM
    Gerry1Gerry1 Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 27 September at 6:56PM
    Welcome to the forum.
    Have you asked Pure Planet whether they will allow a Fixed Monthly Direct Debit, or have any tariffs that offer that?
    If you're within the 14 day cooling off period, just tell the old and new companies that you no longer wish to switch.  If it's after that you can switch to a new company after everything has been set up (probably about a month) but she'll have to pay the standing charges and for the energy that she's used, plus any exit fees that apply.
    The new company may take a direct debit as early as 12 days after you apply, so read their Ts &Cs very carefully this time to avoid any more surprises.
    4 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thank you.  I only swapped her today so can cancel easy enough.  I'll email them and check to see if they can do something to help her, if not, I'll cancel it like you suggest and find another supplier. I'm normally good spotting stuff like this but missed it on this occasion. 

Thanks for your help. 
  • PurePlanetPurePlanet Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    170 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hey @ChapmanCarol
    We take slightly more in the cooler months, and slightly less in the warmer months, to reflect average usage patterns and avoid Members building up large credits/ debits with us throughout the year - we wouldn't be able to offer a fixed Direct Debit over the year. 
    You can cancel the switch when logged in to the account, by tapping 'cancel switch?'. There's more advice on that in our FAQs here - hope that helps! 
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    4 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi, thank you for your reply. I've gone into my account and can't see where it says to cancel switch. Where will I find it?

Thank you. 
    4 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Don't worry I have found it. For anyone else trying to find it, if you go onto your account, which you may have to first open, it brings a page up showing your switching progress, if you then goto summary at the bottom of the list you can click on cancel, that will cancel your switch.

Regards
  • PurePlanetPurePlanet Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    170 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hey @ChapmanCarol
    Ah, great to hear you've found it ok! Thanks for letting us know. 
    Hope to welcome you to Pure Planet in future  :)
    Nataly @PurePlanet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • nohookynohooky Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi, thinking of signing up to Pure Planet (electricity) only but have a complicated meter setup. I have two meters - one standard rate meter and one tiime switched meter (tariff now defunct). As I understand it meter reading usage totals from both meters would be added together and charged as one ? ie 500 units on meter 1 and 800 units on meter 2 would be charged as 1300 total ?
    Also will it be possible to continue with this metering arrangement in the foreseeable future and keep the time switch featue on the one meter.
  • Gerry1Gerry1 Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.  This has been covered extensively - search this forum for THTC, E10, "Comfort Plus White Meter (and similar DTS experiences)" and such like.