Daydream fund challenge part 4

edited 4 October 2014 at 12:24PM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
10.6K replies 827.1K views

Replies

• DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still quiet here, so I will just add a reminder to think about your seeds for next year. I've just sold 3 items on the Bay for £170 and the one I took from the skip at the dump made enough for all my veggie seeds +  £5 change. :)
    Yes I know you're not supposed to take stuff from the council's recycling facility, but the builders who had thrown it there had barely let go of it, yer honour! o:)
    "Modern day book burning" Comment on You Tube's interference with Brett Weinstein's Podcasts.
    When you take flak, you're over the target!
  • ukmaggie45ukmaggie45 Forumite
    3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    OH found some pak choi seeds I bought in 2014, to be sown by 2016. He thought since they were "very old" he'd plant all 125 of them...  Around 100 germinated!  He's potted some on into biggish pots, some into smallish pots, some into one of the giant patio pots. He's potted some on into the emptied seed tray (we've still got a full seed tray too!) and we'll donate them to DD2 for her garden. I dunno how we'll manage to transport so many seedlings home with us when we go next week!

I've been thinking about ordering seeds, but the post here in Wales is so hopeless that I'm waiting till we go home. Here they won't deliver parcels, you have to collect them from the local sorting office... Within 3 days. That isn't a typo for 30 days, it really is 3 days. Oh, and they're only open from 7-9am.  At least my birthday cards were delivered to the field post box. Which I can't walk to (must be about 100 yards or more, each way), but OH fetches the post.
  • luciellelucielle Forumite
    8.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Puppies all went last weekend, so enjoying having 3 dogs again.  Had a quick trip up north to sort out a new housekeeper, fingers crossed that goes ok.  Spent a large fortune on getting new bedding for north house.  Hoping to go up for 2 weeks in November, one of the weeks we wanted got booked this morning.  Which reminds me I need to block the others off.
    Having a pallet sawing up day tomorrow.  DS1 said he's coming to help but not sure how good he'll be as one of the kiwis he's working with is having a leaving do so I imagine a sore head and chainsaw aren't going to mix.  DD1 is away for an interview for a milking job possibly only going to be parttime.  Garden is more of a jungle.  Just about managed to keep up with cutting grass and nothing else.  Going away next week for a couple of nights for our wedding anniversary.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • luciellelucielle Forumite
    8.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    So today was/is pallet chopping day.  OH decided to let me loose with a chainsaw, all was going well until I bent down to pick up some wood and my back went.  So incredibly fed up the timing (going away next weekend) and got loads of things to do.  Currently sat with an ice pack tucked into my knickers to try and bring the inflammation down.  I can't take ibuprofen due to other medication I'm on so knocked back a couple of paracetamol as well.  Whilst I've been sulking and in pain I've managed to cancel the Santander credit card and HSBC one as well, got rid of some old paperwork all to the gentle sounds of the chainsaw buzzing in the background.  No sign of the DS'   think they're nursing poorly heads.  DD1 is a star and doing all the gopher work of putting the chopped bits into the wood store.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Jojo_the_TightfistedJojo_the_Tightfisted Forumite
    27.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Courgette plant has just decided to start spreading and producing fruiting flowers. Perfect timing.
    I shall leave it in there and let the frosts deal with it.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
    34.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should worry Jojo, I'm attempting autumn courgettes in the poly. Won't work for long if it works at all, but I like to try.
    Lucielle, you've reminded me I still have logs to sort out from last spring. :|
    More stuff to be listed on the bay today, including a Vintage doll's house. Now, if alfie was here...... ;)
    Trying to find out how an old friend in a care home 200 miles away has fared during Covid, but no one will tell me anything. Her long term prognosis wasn't great, but she was fully compus mentis last time we communicated, though she needed a translator due to slurred speech. I would write, but want to know someone is on the other end, if you know what I mean....Social Care are looking for a way to give a hint one way or t'other. Confidentiality gone mad!
    "Modern day book burning" Comment on You Tube's interference with Brett Weinstein's Podcasts.
  • edited 8 September 2020 at 8:34PM
    Ted_HeadTed_Head Forumite
    940 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 8 September 2020 at 8:34PM
    Couldn't get the page to load for a long time but seems okay today. Don't know if it was our connection or the sites got a problem so just been catching up.

Weather here turned stormy and wet. Went to go out on Monday but half a tree across the track. So been sawing it up today - well dragging it down to the house to saw up. Shouldn't have planted crack willow next to the track. Hens have eventually come on the lay - they were younger than the guy reckoned on they were. Have been making extension pens out of an old clothes rail and strawberry netting and they now have tunnels of these into other pens areas. So gives them fresh areas to turn over. I feel better about that as don't like to keep them penned but needs must.

Friends appeared but are heading home coz of the rubbish weather - they'd been camping after taking their son back to Aberdeen Uni & their tent poles snapped. Offered them a bed but they just wanted to head home to N of England so long drive in horrid weather. Roads been busy & every lay-by filled with campers - rubbish everywhere & 141 fires in Highlands in August so not a great time for the emergency services as also quite a lot of bad accidents on the roads.

Numbers of Covid starting to spike here after we've had it relatively easy so looks like we'll be locked down in the not too distant future.

Friend got two dogs so cat has just appeared from hiding out. Dark now - seems like we are racing into Autumn with leaves turning yellow and the winds & rain back.

Waves to Rozee pozee - where about are you - I forgot? Congrats on your house and all your hard work coming to fruition.

Rozee - I've changed sex since you were on here - I used to be Choille but had a fight with some big fellas & got banned.
  • mufimufi Forumite
    652 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    If you're using Chrome, and still have problems getting the page to load, try refreshing the page when necessary, or browsing incognito (ctrl/shift/n) - it's a problem between Chrome and this forum that several users are having and no one seems able to fix.
  • Ted_HeadTed_Head Forumite
    940 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you - it is beyond me.
    I don't know why they tinkered with it - probably a boy thing. They had to stick their screw driver into the back of the monitor and messed up.
    34.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I surf with the Fox, but I can't get notifications on my Yahoo email, so I have to use something else for those. Pity, because Yahoo may have a rubbish name, but it's easy to use. Gmail may be trendy, but it's also well complex....more a case of, "Gee, where's my mail?" :o
    Had to have an emergency committee meeting of the garden club here yesterday, as it would be illegal next Monday. That meant non-stop lawn cutting Tuesday.  :| The ride-on sprung a petrol  leak, so I had to use the push jobbie....Grr!
    If you're expecting an email from me, it's coming, but I'm all over the place at present. More visitors coming tomorrow unexpectedly. I s'pose they perceive this as a safe place to be, as our Covid figures are still reducing. Sounds distressing up your way, Ted. Some of Dartmoor's suffered similarly, but we're well away from there.
    Did I say Legbars and Sussexes are all in together now? Maybe the well-behaved Legbars will teach the fat, lazy Sussexes how to go in at night and perch properly when they start sharing the same house.