NOW OPEN. The MSE Forum's energy-themed Ask An Expert event is open for questions. Visit the dedicated board to ask MSE Gary & MSE Andrew about gas & electricity

Tax refund on funds obtained from Personal Pension

edited 17 August 2020 at 1:43PM in Cutting tax
3 replies 135 views
KarenFranc62KarenFranc62 Forumite
1 Post
edited 17 August 2020 at 1:43PM in Cutting tax
Approximately 2 years ago I claimed the entire contents of my personal pension pot, being over the age of 55. Unfortunately those funds after the first £12,000 were taxed at 20%. Is it possible to claim back any of this tax paid? I am still working in a part time capacity and have a workplace personal pension in place. Thank you for any advice you can give me. 


Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

The Forum 'Ask An Expert' event

Ask your energy questions by Wed 5pm

MSE Forum