12346»

Replies

• edited 11 August 2020 at 9:43AM
    frugalstephenfrugalstephen Forumite
    142 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 11 August 2020 at 9:43AM
    venison said:
    Theres a company called "yorkshire gas services" based in the Doncaster area currently charging £45

I've just checked, if I bought that cylinder a one way EasyJet ticket to Belfast, it would still work out £25 cheaper than I can buy gas locally LOL
  • venisonvenison Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL I suspect the excess luggage charge would wipe out any saving !!!
    Boycott the right wing press !
  • TrentendersTrentenders Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    £52.82 + VAT from Flogas (to Suffolk).
  • Jean_SharpeJean_Sharpe Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post First Anniversary
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hello, I have been looking online at different suppliers of 47kg Propane into Lincolnshire.  There is a big difference in prices.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a good supplier who will deliver?  I don't think there is any difference in the gas with Flowgas and Calor.  
  • moe52moe52 Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Gottle - £69.47 Feb 2021 in Breckland area, Norfolk.  One of the cheapest but never really know when they are going to deliver, just that it's "within 10 days". Customer service could do with improvement IMHO.
  • moe52moe52 Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    moe52 said:
    Gottle - £69.47 Feb 2021 in Breckland area, Norfolk.  One of the cheapest but never really know when they are going to deliver, just that it's "within 10 days". Customer service could do with improvement IMHO.
    Sorry, forgot to say price includes VAT.
  • frugalstephenfrugalstephen Forumite
    142 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    moe52 said:
    moe52 said:
    Sorry, forgot to say price includes VAT.
    If you hit the 'cog' on top right of your post, you can 'edit' it, no need to post twice LOL

• AfourteenAfourteen Forumite
    40 posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts
    Calor.  Was paying £70 collected (Corby). Neighbour paying £62.50 per cylinder for 3 delivered + £5 delivery. I'm now paying £65+ for similar so 3 cylinders works out at £200 and a few pence. 

People do need to be careful on the amount of VAT they pay on these cylinders as a single is liable for 20% VAT more should be less but some unscrupulous dealers will add 20% on multiple cylinder purchases. 
  • woodyl666woodyl666 Forumite
    2 posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Afourteen said:
    Calor.  Was paying £70 collected (Corby). Neighbour paying £62.50 per cylinder for 3 delivered + £5 delivery. I'm now paying £65+ for similar so 3 cylinders works out at £200 and a few pence. 

People do need to be careful on the amount of VAT they pay on these cylinders as a single is liable for 20% VAT more should be less but some unscrupulous dealers will add 20% on multiple cylinder purchases. 
    I just wanted to confirm that a gas refill should be charged at the reduced rate of 5% VAT. The standard rate of 20% VAT is only due on the initial charge for the bottle (ie when you don't have one to exchange)