New Post Advanced Search

Sewing machine reviews

6 replies 112 views
RedredrobinRedredrobin Forumite
126 posts
100 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic
I am planning to buy singer 7470 confidence machine , has anyone got it ? Is it ok ? 

Any other computerised machines I should consider?

Its been years since my last machine died so I’ve no idea where to start .

Replies

• KatiehoundKatiehound Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    no help with that particular machine, but my advice would be (in normal circumstances!!) go to a shop that sells a wide range of machines and have a good play that way you will see and experience the good, and bad points of each make/model.

Both my machines are struggling now and the mechanic has retired but I wouldn't buy a new machine without spending time playing around, especially if I am planning to spend £££s!
    Sorry if that isn't very helpful!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh and sorry- is there any way you can edit the posts on this new forum?? I just wanted to add that I have Pfaff machines and I love them.......
    Many thanks

• RedredrobinRedredrobin Forumite
    126 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic
    I ended up subscribing to simply sewing magazine and getting a Janome machine free for paying for the year . I think this will be more than enough until i get my confidence back .

• nadenegannadenegan Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I'm trying to get a sewing machine. I'm a beginner. Cant seem to find any of the cheaper range machines anywhere. I am most interested in the brother LS14S but you can't get it anywhere. 
    I looked at the magazine but could not see any mention of a free Janome machine. Has the machine been delivered to you? Sounds too good to be true. 
  • msarANGmsarANG Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post Photogenic
    I just throw away my Singer 4423 machine. So i think Janome is more reliable! It's funny to see how different websites rate Singer machines so high. Dont' really know anything about computerized machines, but if i was you, i would check Janome machines.
    5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    msarANG said:
    I just throw away my Singer 4423 machine. So i think Janome is more reliable!
    really? You've just 'thrown away' a sewing machine. Very many machines can be repaired, and that's the route I usually take. Lockdown has presented problems in that respect.

I have just bought a Necchi Pro Jeans machine from Hobbycraft- great price (£85 cheaper than Amazon) and it's a really nice strong machine. I wanted one that would sew heavy duty fabric. Hopefully this will give many years of service just like the Pfaffs that need repairing- over 30 & 40 years old!- built to last

Many thanks