New Post Advanced Search

Boiler Grants

7 replies 226 views
vejsvejs Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
No hot water or heating.  Have phoned most Energy Suppliers but no Grants available. Advice would be appreciated. I am on Guaranteed Pension Credit.
Thank You.

Replies

• edited 14 July at 8:59AM
    CRISPIANNE3CRISPIANNE3 Forumite
    712 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭
    edited 14 July at 8:59AM
    vejs said:
    No hot water or heating.  Have phoned most Energy Suppliers but no Grants available. Advice would be appreciated. I am on Guaranteed Pension Credit.
    Thank You.

It's possible that the new green grant to be released in September MAY include eco friendly boilers and as you are on PC you may qualify for one free of charge. However Martin Lewis has said he did not think they would be included in this new initiative 
    but the popular press think they will be. In my case we are willing to wait to see what happens.
  • MWTMWT Forumite
    1.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know what is wrong with the boiler?
    Does it actually need replacing or is it just that the quoted cost to fix it is high?
  • Robin9Robin9 Forumite
    7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    vejs said:
    Thank You.

Do you have an Immersion Heater ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • edited 22 July at 12:01PM
    onesixfiveonesixfive Forumite
    393 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 22 July at 12:01PM
    EDF will repair broken boilers see their ECO scheme:  https://www.edfenergy.com/energy-efficiency/energy-company-obligation-scheme, It also looks like they offer new/replacement boilers for £240 for benefit claimants.
    N Power / E-On  offer a grant aided scheme https://www.eonenergy.com/home-heating/affordable-warmth.html where you get a new boiler for £395  (my mum had this last year - albeit I think she paid a bit less - it was excellent service - done in a day! - and she didn't even buy her gas from e-On).  But book it now - it takes a few weeks, you have to sort eligibility checks, then book the works. Good Luck!
  • ALBERTOALBERTO Forumite
    3 posts
    Eighth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi Everyone, does anybody know when replacing oil boilers will be included within the governments grant scheme, apparently on the grant websites it says that they ended in feb 2020
  • LakamaLakama Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I had a company from Birmingham come and tell me if i had my loft re-insulated I'd qualify for a new oil boiler. 
    I agreed and they came round, pretended to insulate the loft and gave me lots of papers which i signed, took photographs and left, telling me it would be around 2 weeks till i had my new oil boiler fitted. That was 3 months ago, with no calls returned or messages replied to. I don't think the government are really offering free boilers, but beware there are companies who are very happy to scam hard working single mums :-(
  • rp1974rp1974 Forumite
    55 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Lakama said:
    I had a company from Birmingham come and tell me if i had my loft re-insulated I'd qualify for a new oil boiler. 
    I agreed and they came round, pretended to insulate the loft and gave me lots of papers which i signed, took photographs and left, telling me it would be around 2 weeks till i had my new oil boiler fitted. That was 3 months ago, with no calls returned or messages replied to. I don't think the government are really offering free boilers, but beware there are companies who are very happy to scam hard working single mums :-(
    Did you pay them any money?.