edited 18 November 2017 at 10:49AM in Debt Free Diaries
13.8K replies 791K views

Replies

• beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    72.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    His Gingerness sounds cute  :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • HairyHandofDartmoorHairyHandofDartmoor Forumite
    12.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beanielou said:
    His Gingerness sounds cute  :)
    He is and has a very loud miaow.

My dad asked me my thoughts on visiting them this summer as I usually do and I said that I though it would be far too risky as being on a coach for eight hours with limited ventilation, surrounded by mostly young people (on the Megabus anyway) who probably haven't been social distancing as they think they're immune, and having to wear a mask for eight hours, all fills me with horror 😱. I'd have to change at Victoria coach station and I can't imagine how social distancing would work there as it's so narrow and crowded. I said that being exposed to the virus for so long would risk DH as well as him and stepmum. Luckily he understood and agreed with me completely that it would be far to risky. So we've agreed that DH and I will visit by car another holiday when the virus situation is safer.

. Since then I've emptied the bins, . I met His Gingerness in the lane when I was emptying the bins and he's a very friendly kitty 🐈.

I entirely understand your decision about visiting your Dad - it's just such a shame  :(

We had DD2 and DGS round yesterday, and decided a 'bucket in the shed as loo' wasn't necessary this time !! We played a lot of boule and had cake.

Please say hello to His Gingerness next time from me  :)

The business about bins: we are only 2 here. We have a kitchen bin for general kitchen stuff, food packaging that can't be recycled etc, a kitchen counter-top bin for composting organic waste, a lounge bin, one in the bedroom and one in DH's study (which he empties) and I swear I am ALWAYS emptying bins !! No wonder you have to do it so frequently.
    I'm glad you saw your DGC Elizabeth :)
    milann said:
    It’s good to hear from you Hairy. I don’t think I’d like to go on public transport either especially for a long journey. My dd has travelled into London for work a couple of times from her home town which take about an hour - at first she was a tad wary but has had a carriage to herself on each occasion - she is expecting it to get busier and only visiting if absolutely necessary.
    I really feel for your sister in law - does she have family close by- I know you said her ds is with her but is he close enough to visit regularly once he goes home or is it like most of my family where it’s a day trip or stop-over. I’d love to love close enough to just pop into my dd for a cuppa and a natter - just because I felt like it....and not have to plan it like a military procedure.
    I’m quite bored in my bubble at school - they are all very able children and don’t really need me. I’ve sorted all the cupboards, trays and drawers. I’ve had the class several times whilst the teacher has been in meetings and out of desperation for something to do, offered to help the SEN teacher sort her things out which is just along the corridor from where I’m working. It’ll take me a month of Sunday’s as the children put their own things away and EVERYTHING is mixed up 😱. Then we’re moving areas so everything needs carrying to the opposite end of the school - at the moment the area we will work in has all the spare chairs from the classrooms. We don’t break up until 24th though so fingers crossed it’ll get done to save her going in during the holidays.
    The nearest of my sister's children lives nearly three hours drive away and the rest live in England. It's a shame they're not nearer. She's decided to move nearer to her child in Edinburgh in about a year's time and she'll be closer to all of them then.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £1,500/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £50/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £144.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £300. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300
  • HairyHandofDartmoorHairyHandofDartmoor Forumite
    12.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Nicnak and SA :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £1,500/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £50/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £144.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £300. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300