Forum Home» Energy» Water Bills

south west water help!

New Post Advanced Search

south west water help!

6 replies 104 views
warren01warren01 Forumite
4 posts
First Post First Anniversary
I  contacted South west water to be put on there watersure capped tariff, they said they needed proof that I'm on a low income which I understand but then wanted 3 months bank statements, i questioned why they need these when I can prove I meet the eligibility criteria of a low income but they have refused to put me on that tariff unless I supply them. I might be being a little silly but I don't understand why I should have to supply my bank statements for this. Does anyone know?

Replies

• freeshafreesha Forumite
    142 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    To show that you regularly have a low income perhaps, not just a one-off low month?
  • edited 13 July at 12:27PM
    CardewCardew Forumite
    28.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 July at 12:27PM
    To show the rent you get from all the tenants in the other properties you own!!Your income from pensions etc
  • warren01warren01 Forumite
    4 posts
    freesha said:
    To show that you regularly have a low income perhaps, not just a one-off low month?
    I can provide more than one and also it states that I am a carer. Also it doesn't state bank statements are needed  on information to supply 
  • warren01warren01 Forumite
    4 posts
    Cardew said:
    To show the rent you get from all the tenants in the other properties you own!!Your income from pensions etc
    I dont own any properties 
  • cajefcajef Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    The choice is yours, if you wish them to put you on this new tariff you will have to supply them with any information they ask for otherwise if you don't they will not switch you to it.
    I used to have a handle on life, but it broke. :|
  • freeshafreesha Forumite
    142 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    cajef said:
    The choice is yours, if you wish them to put you on this new tariff you will have to supply them with any information they ask for otherwise if you don't they will not switch you to it.
    +1. Why not just jump through the hoops asked of you, if you want the scheme?!
    Side note: water companies are not being awkward by asking for this. WaterSure is a government-funded scheme, and therefore the criteria is very strict; there can be no bending of the rules.