New Post Advanced Search

Get a grip !

edited 25 November 2018 at 8:52AM in How much have you saved?
2.4K replies 177.8K views

Replies

• edited 9 July at 7:09PM
    Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 9 July at 7:09PM
    I have downloaded the Uber eats app from the MSE email and ordered an indian £15 free. I’ve ordered a couple of meals & Bombay potatoes so will be several meals worth & will freeze the leftovers. Only delivery to pay £2.50 🤗 Will save the stew for tomorrow! 
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £1000 / £1000
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    6.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Free food always tastes good, leftovers are even better 🤗 enjoy!
  • edited 10 July at 7:19PM
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 10 July at 7:19PM
    Food was lovely, best part it only cost £2.50 and the leftovers are now in the freezer. I would definitely recommend using the app with this deal if they deliver in your area (the MSE weekly email gives details how to check). My area also includes a few convenience stores so you can get £15 of basic groceries for the price of delivery (some of mine £1.49 some £2.49, price varies depending how far you live from the store) Offer ends 25 July. 

Usual routine today, walked the dog, worked from home 9-3. One load of washing dried outside. 

Plans for the weekend 
    Hoover dog carpet & stairs
    Cut grass 
    Mop kitchen floor
    Pour boiling water on patio weeds 
    Wash Bathroom towels 
    Wash dog towels 

JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done on the Uber [email protected] offer the boys did this when they visited me in the garden. I hope you are having a good weekend. It is lovely here cool but not too cold or too hot.
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
  • IrenadlerIrenadler Forumite
    358 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Plans for the weekend 
    Hoover dog 

Hey SyA
    Erm, does that help with shedding? What a well behaved dog you have!  :D 

Seriously though, I am going to look into that Uber thing, thanks for that....  :)
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'
    Emergency fund = £67.59
    Stash cash= £4.16
    Savings: £0
  • edited 11 July at 7:35AM
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 July at 7:35AM
    Irenadler said:
    Plans for the weekend 
    Hoover dog 
    Hey SyA
    Erm, does that help with shedding? What a well behaved dog you have!  :D 

I wish it was that easy 😆
    She does love the hoover and lays out on the carpet in front of it and falls asleep! I think it’s the repetitive backward & forward motion & the sound 😴 

It’s sunny & bright outside. The forecast is dry but clouding over later. I’m just putting the towels on to wash. Then I will do the dog towels separately later in a big net wash bag with a dog hair dissolver. 

Am making some cheese & bacon turnovers with a pack of puff pastry £1.00, savers bacon £1.15 & some grated cheese about 50p total £2.65 for 6 = 45p each approx. Will have one for breakfast & freeze the rest once cooled 

Also forgot to add, my prime morresons order came with free delivery & they had put 2 of each pack of chocolate in when I only ordered & paid for 1 of each! Not very healthy 😆 but £3 worth free. I now have 6 multi packs of chocolate I will try not to eat it all at once 😉
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dogs and hoovers so funny!!!! It is gorgeous here and not too hot. Those turnovers sound great. Free chocolate????? OMG Im packing my bags!!!! 
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    6.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want a curry now! Hoping the curry house up the road opens soon so I can try them. 

Think we will all be coming round for afternoon tea SYA.

Bonus with the shopping, free chocolate tastes even better than normal 😁
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was free gammon last week when I declined a substitute and they put it in anyway 🤗

My to-do List has grown 😆 but I am slowly working my way down it. 
    Make bacon turnovers✅
    Wash towels ✅
    Cut open face cream ✅
    Bleach clean bathroom ✅
    Descale shower glass✅
    Check toilet Cistern 
    Hoover dog carpet 
    Hoover stairs
    Wipe down stairs 
    Cut grass 
    Mop floor kitchen &
    Bathroom 
    Pour boiling water on patio 
    Weed forecourt 
    Clean kitchen windowsill ✅

I’ve cut open the face cream tube to get the last bit out and there is enough for several days. 

There is a problem with the toilet flush, it doesn’t seem to be sealing when flushed and water is running into the toilet. I will take the lid off & follow instructions from DF later. I can send him pictures and he can tell me how to fix it if needed ! 
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
  • IrenadlerIrenadler Forumite
    358 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Hello SyA
    Wow, you are busy! I hope you get that toilet sorted, mine does that sometimes so I take the cistern lid off, and, I think the technical term is 'jiggle it' until it stops flushing. It has worked for now, but, might only be a temporary fix.... Hope that helps in the meantime...  :)
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'
    Emergency fund = £67.59
    Stash cash= £4.16
    Savings: £0