New Post Advanced Search

Help needed

2 replies 51 views
Jack2508Jack2508 Forumite
2 posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi everybody,
I am looking for a little bit of advice from people who might be able to help me. Whilst doing my checks of all my incomings, outgoings etc I noticed I had not paid a water bill for the previous year from severn trent, upon closer inspection it appears I hadnt been billed for the year before that aswell! I am completly shocked that I had managed to let this slip as I usually keep on top of all my bills and I obviously assumed that this payment had been made as it had been in previous years before that via direct debit. I have received zero letters from severn trent requesting payment as i would have responded to the requests with prompt payment. I am now a little worried how I approach them as i do not want to face any legal reprocussions from this. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• CardewCardew Forumite
    28.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.
    How long have you been in the property? have you paid any water bill?
    A water company does not know if a property is occupied unless they are informed of that fact.
    If you contact them and ask for a bill, they will simply send you one.
  • Jack2508Jack2508 Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I've lived in the property 5 years in october and I paid twice a year for the first 3 years, I never cancelled the direct debit and i havent received any correspondence from them to say I owe them money so i was a little unsure. I'll give them a ring tomorrow to check what has happend. Thanks for your help.